How do you join WW online? (and other questions)

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
Well, summer is almost here, and I've heard people rave about the WW points system.

I'll like to try it, but can't commit to weekly center meetings with my DH's class schedule.

Where can I get materials about the lists of foods / point values? Where can I get that?

Can I order that online?

Thanks for all the other help.

Hi Cindy :wave:

I joined WW online about 6 weeks ago. I've lost 11lbs so far:D . I just went to their website and joined as an online member. If I remember correctly the first 3mos was $60 and then $14.95/mo after that. You have access to their online journal and points calculator. They also have message boards that are very helpful and alot of recipes too. The biggest drawback is you aren't able to get all the books and pocket points calc and things they sell at the meeting sights. I'm doing it with a friend so I have someone to talk things over with and get ideas from. Good luck,

I saw an ad in the WW magazine for all the program materials for ??$99. Can you find a copy at your bookstore and check?

I think the materials PLUS the online stuff would be great if you couldn't go to meetings. Just promise us you'll check in every week on WISH.

I've lost 37.4 since 12/3/01 but I go to meetings.

I do the WW meetings in person, so I can't offer much help there, but I just wanted to encourage you. WW is a great program. To me it's greatest strength is the fact that you eat real food through the whole program. I have done other diets in the past, and I could never maintain my weight loss with any pre-packaged food diets. It's too hard to make the switch back to real food. WW is a very healthy way to lose weight. It's not the quickest program out there, but slower weight loss is more permanent. Plus, I really love the goals they give you along the way (like first 10% loss) so you're not overwhelmed trying to get to your ultimate goal right away. Good luck! You can do it! :)

Well, I have about 15 to go to a "NICE" weight.

I did see the WW materials on Ebay.. points slide rule, and two books packaged together. Some were selling for about $30. The points calculator was sold separately. (How is this different than a REGULAR calculator?)..... Now the two books and the slide ruler were called a "starter kit. Is that what I need? How much cheaper is this than say going to the meeting and buying it?

I do eat lots of veggies/drink water, but don't exercise as much as I need to.

I have some friends from church doing WW, so I know we can talk together. I know I can modify DH's diet as well, and we can do it as well.

Thanks...

The points calculator was sold separately. (How is this different than a REGULAR calculator?).....

The Point Calculator is like a slide ruler -- you move an internal card with calories printed on it, line it up with the fiber and fat grams to determine the number of points. I take it with me to the grocery store! It's invaluable.

There is also an Exercise Calculator that you get a few meetings into the program that helps you determine how many extra points per day you can add to your total based on your weight and type/length of exercise you do on that day.

I also use the "Getting Started" book that contains recipes and point totals for specific foods (a big section) daily.

I got them at the first meeting when I signed up. I don't know if you can purchase them on their own at the center. If they are on ebay it might be worth just purchasing them there.

This looked like a regular 12 number calculator, now I know what the slide thing is called.

The prices on Ebay looked good. (Can't believe that anything is sold there, but thats a different topic...)

I guess we should check Ebay for our WW materials.

The $99 package is described at WW online, but it is WW By Mail, so it doesn't include the online access. You can find the phone number to sign up on WW online.
I really recommend doing it with a friend, coworkers, or going to "meetings" (either online or in-person) as opposed to just having the materials. It is really easy to lose track when you don't have a support group.
I love WWonline, BTW. I have lost 32 lbs. since Nov. It is slow, but worth it. Hopefully I'll reach goal weight by my Aug. Disney trip.
Good luck!

I'm a lurker on this particular board but I also joined up on WW online b/c I can't make it to meetings in person either. So far I'm doing pretty good and am being very religious and honest :eek: about my journal. I agree the boards are great and it is nice to know if you have a question about WW just like here you can reach out and be answered quickly. I had a question about some WW bars I saw in their magazine and within about 30 minutes had 7 responses with ideas and encouragement. I have found the points very easy to use and I like the fact I can eat real food without feeling guilty as long as I stay within my limits. Today I had chinese for lunch - just one plate, nothing fried, white rice - and I still had points for dinner. I also like seeing if I exercise I can have extra points for dinner b/c I'm still getting the hang of it. It motivates me to work out just so I can have the points. In answer to one of your questions - there are lists of food on the website that I haven't found anything that I couldn't figure out a point for. Also there is a calculator built in so as long as you know calorie, fat & fiber you can figure points.

Good luck and if you need a buddy - I'll volunteer :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter