How do you get from PP to DL/DCA?

pkdof

Mouseketeer
I'm confused from looking at the photos. I can't tell if there is a crosswalk to get over to the GCH, or if we should walk to DLH to catch monorail. And where is the DTD monorail station?

There is a walkway from Paradise Pier to Downtown Disney. From there you can catch the Monorail to Disneyland or you can continue to walk all the way to the main gate.

The walk to the Monorail station is maybe 5-10 minutes with an additional 5-10 minutes walk to the main gate.

If you are going to DCA, you can cross the street (Disneyland Way) and cut through the Grand California Hotel. There is a crosswalk light that gives you time to cross and not have to fight traffic.

Hope that helps.

I'm confused from looking at the photos. I can't tell if there is a crosswalk to get over to the GCH, or if we should walk to DLH to catch monorail. And where is the DTD monorail station?

If you want to take the monorail, walk behind the PP and straight towards the Rain Forest Cafe, which is right next to the DTD monorail station. The walk is about 5 minutes.

If you want to go to DL's front gates, go across the crosswalk (yes, there is a crosswalk:thumbsup2 ), walk into the GCH front entrance doors, and follow the signs to DTD. Once outside in DTD, go right and proceed to the security checkpoint and on to the gates. The walk is about 10 minutes.

To get to DCA, walk into the GCH entrance doors and follow the signs to Disney's California Adventure park (the private entrance). The walk is 6-7 minutes.

Like everyone else has said, take the crosswalk and go through the GCH. I prefer to not go through DTD at all if I'm going to DL. I usually like to go through the special DCA entrance from the GCH. There is usually no one waiting to go through the line, and no one to wait to get their bag checked. Plus, I can pick up a few fastpasses on my way out, since I'll be passing both Grizzly River and Soarin'. Then I just get my hand stamped and go on to DL.

Like everyone else has said, take the crosswalk and go through the GCH. I prefer to not go through DTD at all if I'm going to DL. I usually like to go through the special DCA entrance from the GCH. There is usually no one waiting to go through the line, and no one to wait to get their bag checked. Plus, I can pick up a few fastpasses on my way out, since I'll be passing both Grizzly River and Soarin'. Then I just get my hand stamped and go on to DL.
I agree with all that biolabetty says except that i would add if you are wanting to tour DL in the morning (before DCA is open), then you can't go through DCA.

We found the walk:

- Across the street into GCH.
- Thru the GCH into DTD (at approx. where Naples Restaurant is located)
- Short Walk down DTD to the DL front gate.

to be the best when doing early morning (or EE) touring at DL.

(note- either follow others thru the GCH or ask a GCH CM on how to walk to either DTD or the secret entrance to DCA once you walk into the beautiful GCH).

have fun. :thumbsup2

We will be staying at the PP concierge level for the first time. Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Have never done the concierge thing anywhere, but got a good rate with AP's for Dec. :yay: Anyways.......
the part about using the secret entrance to DCA. I thought you had to be GC guest to do that.
Hound, you stayed at PP last time didn't you????????? And they let you go through there????? :confused3 And did you like the benefits of concierge. I still remember your hilarious comments about that whole deal. :lmao: (If I'm off topic sorry. I just had to ask Hound that.) :rolleyes1 :laughing:

When we stayed at the GCH in May, no one ever asked us if we were staying there or not when we used the DCA entrance. Oh how I can't wait to stay there again!!:cloud9:

We will be staying at the PP concierge level for the first time. Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Have never done the concierge thing anywhere, but got a good rate with AP's for Dec. :yay: Anyways.......
the part about using the secret entrance to DCA. I thought you had to be GC guest to do that.
Hound, you stayed at PP last time didn't you????????? And they let you go through there????? :confused3 And did you like the benefits of concierge. I still remember your hilarious comments about that whole deal. :lmao: (If I'm off topic sorry. I just had to ask Hound that.) :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Sorry to butt in Melody...a guest of one of the three hotels has all the privileges. TYPICALLY, they will not ask for proof at all, and if they do, I believe a room key or charge slip should do the trick.

DizzyAmi can "butt in" anytime. :happytv:

The secret :cool2: entrance to DCA is officially open to ALL DLR hotel dwellers (including PP).

I'm guessing that they would only "check" (to make sure you are a GCH/DLH/PP dweller) during the 1/2 hour before opening (but that's a guess).

Mel, we used the GCH entrance coming & going mid day (each day) so we could pick up FP tickets at Soarin & Griz. (which are two of our favorites & we rode at least twice a day all 3 days).

I LIKED the PP (& if i got a deal i'd do it again in a heartbeat). But if it was between the GCH for $300 & the PP for $200-$250, I'd go the GCH. Then again, being a cheap guy, I'll probably be staying on Harbor Blvd next time.

The Concierge was great. I'd put a $70-100 per day value on it. We did Bfast all 3 days (we only stayed 2 nights), snacks when we returned at 1pm(ish) & had dinner (appetizers & mrs. hound had wine) when we were returning to the parks at 5pm. (Note - "dinner" consisted of veggie appetizers, cheese, crackers & several platefuls of the "daily appetizer".) Loading up at 5pm prevented us with fooling with a meal at the parks (& like i said, i'm cheap.)

Each day we nabbed 12-15 drinks/waters etc., cookies, uncrustables, & other snackies & aside from eating at Carnation Cafe one morning & buying a dole whip float or two (& a tigger tail & cookie from Pooh corner) we didn't spend any money on food/drink during our three days at the park. Our nightly rate was (gasp) $275 but i spent it because:

- it was a last minute trip.
- it was only two nights.
- it was the only DLR room (anywhere) available.
- i wanted EE for both mon & tues (that we were there).

Other bennies included:

- when asked by other guests where we got uncrustables & rice crispy mickey bars we were able to say :snooty: "in the concierge....of course".
- walking by the 4 people in line to check in to be waited on by the special CM. :hippie:
- the room overlooked DCA (we were on the floor below the penthouse floor).
- meals for all 3 days even though we stayed just 2.
- not having to grumble that bottled water costs 3 bucks at the parks. (we had all we wanted)
- turn down service with a rose for mrs. hound & mickey bars & cookies that DS & I wrestled for.

DizzyAmi can "butt in" anytime. :happytv:

The secret :cool2: entrance to DCA is officially open to ALL DLR hotel dwellers (including PP).

I'm guessing that they would only "check" (to make sure you are a GCH/DLH/PP dweller) during the 1/2 hour before opening (but that's a guess).

Mel, we used the GCH entrance coming & going mid day (each day) so we could pick up FP tickets at Soarin & Griz. (which are two of our favorites & we rode at least twice a day all 3 days).

I LIKED the PP (& if i got a deal i'd do it again in a heartbeat). But if it was between the GCH for $300 & the PP for $200-$250, I'd go the GCH. Then again, being a cheap guy, I'll probably be staying on Harbor Blvd next time.

The Concierge was great. I'd put a $70-100 per day value on it. We did Bfast all 3 days (we only stayed 2 nights), snacks when we returned at 1pm(ish) & had dinner (appetizers & mrs. hound had wine) when we were returning to the parks at 5pm. (Note - "dinner" consisted of veggie appetizers, cheese, crackers & several platefuls of the "daily appetizer".) Loading up at 5pm prevented us with fooling with a meal at the parks (& like i said, i'm cheap.)

Each day we nabbed 12-15 drinks/waters etc., cookies, uncrustables, & other snackies & aside from eating at Carnation Cafe one morning & buying a dole whip float or two (& a tigger tail & cookie from Pooh corner) we didn't spend any money on food/drink during our three days at the park. Our nightly rate was (gasp) $275 but i spent it because:

- it was a last minute trip.
- it was only two nights.
- it was the only DLR room (anywhere) available.
- i wanted EE for both mon & tues (that we were there).

Other bennies included:

- when asked by other guests where we got uncrustables & rice crispy mickey bars we were able to say :snooty: "in the concierge....of course".
- walking by the 4 people in line to check in to be waited on by the special CM. :hippie:
- the room overlooked DCA (we were on the floor below the penthouse floor).
- meals for all 3 days even though we stayed just 2.
- not having to grumble that bottled water costs 3 bucks at the parks. (we had all we wanted)
- turn down service with a rose for mrs. hound & mickey bars & cookies that DS & I wrestled for.

Bill,
As ususal, I'm having a good laugh here. :laughing:
Sounds like it was pretty nice!!! I thought I had read that they close everything down at 8:00pm... but that doesn't sound like the case with you. I think my DD will really love this whole ideal. Heh...........me too. :woohoo: We just have to make sure that we get back to enjoy the appez and wine. Oh that sounds really relaxing right now. Sitting in the lounge, and hob nobbing with the Disney crowd. Oh, and to able to say that we got our Mickey treats and uncrustables from conciege. :snooty: :rotfl:
Oh...and one more little tid bit. We got the PP concierge for $169.00 a night. Not bad huh??????? :snooty: :rolleyes1

Sorry to butt in Melody...a guest of one of the three hotels has all the privileges. TYPICALLY, they will not ask for proof at all, and if they do, I believe a room key or charge slip should do the trick.
Stephanie,
You may butt in anytime time you like..... but only if you are nice!!! :teeth:

:sad2: * *.............................................................:laughing:

I do think they closed the concierge at 8(ish) for us when we were there, we ate our appetizer/dinner at 5pm & then head out to the park for the evening. When we got back (at 9:30-11pm) it was closed. (but we had snacks etc. in our room from when we "raided" them in the afternoon.)

$169 is of course a great rate....good for you. :thumbsup2

We arrived on a Sunday. (driving in from greater santa monica) It was really neat to get up early on Sunday, encounter NO traffic, arrive at PP at 9am, check in, grab a snack, & walk thru the GCH (secret) entrance into DCA at 9:55am & spend a full day at the parks. :hippie:

have fun & report back. :3dglasses

(& remember...in the concierge you have to drink with your "pinky" extended. :snooty: )

Stephanie,
You may butt in anytime time you like..... but only if you are nice!!! :teeth:

:sad2: * *.............................................................:laughing:

I was afraid of that - if I have to be nice then it is a no go for me!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter