How do you dress a child for 80's day???

rluey29

Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!
My 3rd grade DS has spirit week going on and tomorrow is 80's day. Please tell me how a 3rd grader should look for this! I don't have a clue.

Remember!!!My child is a boy so I don't think dressing him like Madonna, or putting him in leg warmers is going to go over too well with him, LOL.

I'm thinking early madonna, breakfast club. Maybe you can google them and get some ideas. Would love to see a pix.:surfweb:

I am a child of the '80's...graduated HS in 1987.

Funny thing, alot of stuff they are selling in stores ARE SO '80s! Lol.

Lots of bright colors: pink, green, yellow, orange. Maybe leggings and a long t-shirt with a belt. Leg warmers are a must!! Tons of bracelets and big earrings. Don't forget the Aquanet!! ;)

I was thinking madonna-ish too, just not the pointy bra thing! But lots of jangly jewelry, a couple of layers on top, floral prints, tie a wide ribbon around her head with a bow off to the side. Think layers and patterned textured for her socks, add some lace.

Can you recall what Miss Piggy looks like when she sings in the Muppet 3D Movie at WDW? That was very 80's style!

Don't forget, big hair, tight rolled jeans, huge t-shirts tied at the waist...

This is more later 80s but we would wear tight jeans folded over and rolled up at the ankle.
Then we'd wear like 3 or 4 pairs of colored socks (in every color of our shirt) layered and overlapping on the outside of our jeans.
Shirts with the collars up.
BIG HAIR, oh the hair was crazy.
Lots of bracelets, particullarly the jelly ones (you can still get them, the kids get them at Chuck e Cheese for prizes.) We'd wear like 100 of them.
Blue eye shadow is a must!!!
Oh, and we'd wear suspenders on our pants but hanging down, not over ourselves.
And huge baggy sweaters.
And sweatshirts inside out and off the shoulder.

You are making me miss my middle school years in a weird way!

long T-shirt with a belt and leggings underneath. Hoop earings, bangle bracelets, leg warmers, canvas shoes.

DS I am assuming a SON.
Skinny tie
think Miami Vice- a pastel Blazer? tee shirt and jeans Blazer with sleeves rolled up.
Sneakers without socks

SIDE PONYTAIL!!!!

legwarmers, skyscraper bangs glued up with aquanet

Punky Brewster-ish bandannas lots of big tacky costume jewlry

Oh I miss the 80's! Don't tell anyone but I'm secretly waiting for big hair to come back in style!:lmao:

HELLO PEOPLE I THINK SHE HAS A SON NOT A DAUGHTER. :rotfl2:

From what I recall of my classmates in college, T-shirts and Levis were hot ... hey, they still are :confused3

:rotfl: I think everyone got all caught up in their fond 80's memories for a moment!

For DS, still rolled jeans, neon or preppy look? Funky hat or can he do an odd hairstyle? lol

No kidding to the poster that mentioned those styles are coming back! I went shopping w/DD14 & was having serious deja vu at some stores. She didn't find it amusing when I commented those styles weren't cool then, why the heck are they bringing them back now?? :rotfl2: And mentioning I might have to see if I had any of my old 80s stuff to dig out about made her eyes roll out of their sockets.

I am not ashamed to admit I do miss the 80s - good times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter