How do u get the room u want?

nikjd68

Mouseketeer
What strategies have you used to get the particular building/floor/room you want at a particular resort?

I booked through a travel agent and she noted my preference on the reservation.

What else can one do and when do you do it?

I call 3 days before and tell them what room I prefer. I call and tell them what floor and state that I would like poolside. Usually they do there best to make your wishes granted.I have heard they don't do room plans until about 3 days prior so with luck you will get the room you want.

I send a fax 4 days before arrival and, so far, have always gotten my requests. Of course, there is no guarantee. I usually ask for ground floor, a certain building (or 2), near food court, and parking lot. Closeness to buses is not an issue. You can get the fax numbers from allearsnet.com. It's also where I got the basic format for the fax I send. Good luck!

I call 3 days before and tell them what room I prefer. I call and tell them what floor and state that I would like poolside. Usually they do there best to make your wishes granted.I have heard they don't do room plans until about 3 days prior so with luck you will get the room you want.

Do you call the hotel directly, or central reservations?

Asking for a specific room probably will leave you disappointed. Your chances of getting that particular room are pretty small since it would depend on the people using it prior to you checking out the same day you're checking-in.

Instead, why not just call CRO back and have your preferences as to locations (upper floor; near elevator; non-HA; whatever is important to you) on the reservation?

I'll echo OKW Lover's thoughts.

DON'T request a certain room number. If that room is filled, the room assigner has NO IDEA why you requsted that room. Is it your lucky number? Did you hit that number in the lottery to pay for your vacation? Is it the room where Aunt Edna stayed 5 years ago and she still raves about it?

You're better off requesting the TYPE of view/location you want; that way, the room assigner can try to give you what you want. If you want to be near the pool, then state that in your reservation rather than finding out a few pool area room numbers and requesting those exact rooms.

We've been reading that many of the resorts no longer look at the faxes and just trash them. It's really on a resort-by-resort basis. And when you call, even when you call that resort's individual phone number, you still are connected to a call center rather than to that resort. The person who answers your call has the discretion about whether to put the call through to the actual resort.

The tips I have read on info, allears, & intercot all say to fax your request a few days before hand. They say more specific and the more demands you have the less likely you are to get what you want. On the intercot site they have a sample fax, which is very helpful. Good luck getting what you want.

What strategies have you used to get the particular building/floor/room you want at a particular resort?

I booked through a travel agent and she noted my preference on the reservation.

What else can one do and when do you do it?

Also be careful of how elaborate you make your request, keep it to the most important. I have a few cm friends who say that faxes that sound like food orders rarely get attention.
For example: a request for a room on the 3rd floor, facing the Mk, close to the bus stop, sun shining in through the south west, may get canned.

I don't bother making requests anymore. They are first-come-first-served basis. The earlier you arrive at the hotel the better a room you get. I get great rooms when I arrive at around 10am. I make all my requests at the check-in desk & because we are some of the first to check-in we get all the good rooms.

So, get there as early as you can.

And if the CM at the desk gives you a room that you don't like, smile and ask politely if something else is available.

And if the CM at the desk gives you a room that you don't like, smile and ask politely if something else is available.

Exactly. One time I was checking into OKW & she told me my room- I was not a fan of it. So I very politely asked if there was a room closer to the lobby available, then she wowed me. She got a map of OKW & circled all the buildings I could stay in & let me pick which one. Including which floor & everything. It was great! :woohoo:

I'm tellin you, arrive as early as possible. It's worth the lack of sleep. We usually take the 6am flight out of NY. :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts