How do kids carry KTTW cards?

mhb

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering, how do the kids 15-10 carry their KTTW cards? Don't want the children to lose them. How are they issued to us? This is our 1st cruise.

Thanks

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Ours hung it from a lanyard around her neck as did most of the kids we saw onboard.

Is the lanyard given to you? Sorry to not know, again, this is our 1st cruise.

Unless your kids need them to charge something or to show for the soda privaledges that you buy and put on the card, I'd keep them with you. The only other time they need them is when their leaving or boarding the ship. We handed them to our kids and took them back after we passed security...Mark

thanks Mark. I do think the children will have to have them to get into the room, correct? :wave2:

Yes, they need them to get in the rooms.....you can buy them onboard or I think walmart or some store like that carried them.

You can pick them up at Walmart for as little as .97$. They have a plastic pouch with a zipper kinda like on reclosable cheese packages. They are able to wear them around their necks in case they don't have pockets. DD who was 7 on our last cruise, and who loses everything, never had a problem keeping up with her KTTW card.

On our recent Magic trip they gave my dd a plastic pouch with a small clip on it. They then printed a label with her name on it, stuck it to the outside of that pouch, and that became her nametag. She was able to slip her KTTW card inside that pouch. We ended up getting a lanyard for her too and what she did was clipped this nametag/pouch thing onto her lanyard. :)

HTH

We bought DS a really nice DCL logo lanyard with a clear plastic pocket because he lost his first KTTW card. He loves the lanyard and uses it everytime we go to WDW.

Thanks everyone!:wave2: I know my DS 15 will have no problem, but the other two, well that's a different story. It sounds as if the landyard is the way to go. Did anyone buy the lanyard at a Disney store or on board?

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

We purchased a lanyard on board for each of us (DH, DD, and me) They have a "waterproof" box on a lanyard available in the gift shop for around $6. It is large enough for the KTTW card, some ID, and a credit card and a couple of bucks. Worked great on CC and on shore excursions. They also have a slightly larger box w/ a lanyard available too. As someone said on a recent thread - the larger one can hold an inhaler if someone needs to carry one with them.

We got DS's lanyard at one of the shops on the ship (3 years ago). His doesn't have the waterproof case, just a thin, clear pocket. It only holds a card, maybe two.

If your kids are always with you when they need to go in and out of the room, they won't need one. So far, we haven't let our kids check themselves in and out of the Kid's Lab. Next time (in September) my twins will be 11, and we will probably let them come and go from the lab on their own, so they will need the KTTW card with them.

I do plan to have the ability to charge taken off of their cards before I give it to them. I am not worry about them charging things (they wouldn't do that if I told them they were not allowed); I am more worried that they will lose their card and someone else will start charging on it.

DJ

just be a little careful, we found the clip on the lanyard purchased onboard to not be the strongest, it was fine, just be concious of it that it can let go and fall. maybe bring a safety pin just to be safe.

Does the KTTW card have your room number on it?

My DS 15 will be okay even if I let him have charge things, but not sure about the other 2. What would they be charging. Soda is free!! So is food!!

Thanks:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

They could charge anything in the shops (toys, clothes, candy, etc...). Don't you also use the KTTW card to buy arcade cards?

I have bought each of my family members a lanyard off of ebay. Do a search for disney lanyard or cast lanyard. My DD will be wearing Tinker Bell, my DS will be wearing Stitch, I'll have on Minnie and my DH will have Goofy. I plan to send them to Shirley for the kid's gift baskets. Here are some examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13842&item=2249915902&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=143&item=2249558812&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13841&item=2249711734&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38005&item=2249857393&rd=1

My clip fell apart on the DCL one I bought too (while I was on the cruise sitting on deck 9, so it just fell in my lap). When we got home, my DH took all of ours and super glued them together so now we can't take them apart (which is fine), but they won't fall apart either.

DJ

I wouldn't recommend super gluing one that a child is going to use...they come apart easily for a reason-so if they get caught on something it does not hang the child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter