How do I reserve 3 studios at Poly?

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We are relatively new to DVC and this will be our first time booking multiple rooms under 1 reservation using banked, current and borrowed points. We are resale owners, if that matters. Do we have to call member services to book multiple studios? The system doesn't seem to let me add multiple rooms? Our 11 month window opens in 2 weeks, so I want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance!

Any booking with DVC is one room at a time.

If you want to request for 2 of them to be connecting or for all 3 to be close to each other then you can email MS, use Chat or call in to have those requests noted on all of the reservations once you have the rooms booked.

One thing I have done when I wanted rooms at a popular time...December is popular...is book one each morning a few days ahead of time so I was only trying for one at a time, then I moved them forward a few days later.

For example, say I wanted to start my trip December 14th...the window opens January 14th...however, on the 12th, right at 8 am, I would go in and book room #1 from the 12th for however many nights I needed...then on the 13th, I would book the 2nd room for however many nights I needed, and grab room 3 if it is still there. If not, then I would grab it on the 14th.

Once I have all my rooms, I just modify and adjust dates to the real ones I want. I do not own Poly so I don't know if the 11 month window is hard or not, but it is a strategy just in case! Good luck!

Once I have all my rooms, I just modify and adjust dates to the real ones I want. I do not own Poly so I don't know if the 11 month window is hard or not, but it is a strategy just in case! Good luck!

Maybe it might be a good idea for the 1st week of Dec or maybe New Years but that's about it. And I give it a big maybe. Until last year PVB had rooms available past the 11 month window and appears like it may be the same this year. So for the entire rest of the year I'd say that's over complicating booking at PVB.

Maybe it might be a good idea for the 1st week of Dec or maybe New Years but that's about it. And I give it a big maybe. Until last year PVB had rooms available past the 11 month window and appears like it may be the same this year. So for the entire rest of the year I'd say that's over complicating booking at PVB.

Good to know!!! OP mentioned two weeks, so mid December which is why I wasn't sure if it is an issue there or not.

One thing I have done when I wanted rooms at a popular time...December is popular...is book one each morning a few days ahead of time so I was only trying for one at a time, then I moved them forward a few days later.

For example, say I wanted to start my trip December 14th...the window opens January 14th...however, on the 12th, right at 8 am, I would go in and book room #1 from the 12th for however many nights I needed...then on the 13th, I would book the 2nd room for however many nights I needed, and grab room 3 if it is still there. If not, then I would grab it on the 14th.

What am I missing. How can you book BEFORE your window even opens? I understand your
Hi all!

We are relatively new to DVC and this will be our first time booking multiple rooms under 1 reservation using banked, current and borrowed points. We are resale owners, if that matters. Do we have to call member services to book multiple studios? The system doesn't seem to let me add multiple rooms? Our 11 month window opens in 2 weeks, so I want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance!
How can you Travel a reservation starting on the 12th when your window doesn’t open til the 14th??

What am I missing. How can you book BEFORE your window even opens? I understand your

How can you Travel a reservation starting on the 12th when your window doesn’t open til the 14th??

Pretend my real travel dates are Dec 14th To Dec 20th. Instead, I book Dec 12th to the 18th. Then, on the 14th, I modify my trip and change it to Dec 14th to 20th, This is what walking is all about.

You get a jump on your dates by booking days you don’t actually want and then move it a few days later. Some will do it months at a time to get a very hard to get room.

During busy times, and for certain rooms, it’s needed. For example, people have been walking CCV studios for December stays for awhile now. It’s not needed for everything and to be honest, more rooms are walked than need be.

I am only walking my 2 bedroom SV at RIV a few days for next year because I knew I wasnt going to be available the morning I needed to do it so I grabbed it today at 8 am since they are going fast.

Pretend my real travel dates are Dec 14th To Dec 20th. Instead, I book Dec 12th to the 18th. Then, on the 14th, I modify my trip and change it to Dec 14th to 20th, This is what walking is all about.

You get a jump on your dates by booking days you don’t actually want and then move it a few days later. Some will do it months at a time to get a very hard to get room.

During busy times, and for certain rooms, it’s needed. For example, people have been walking CCV studios for December stays for awhile now. It’s not needed for everything and to be honest, more rooms are walked than need be.

I am only walking my 2 bedroom SV at RIV a few days for next year because I knew I wasnt going to be available the morning I needed to do it so I grabbed it today at 8 am since they are going fast.
I totally appreciate your very clear explanation. It was just that I didn't understand that your 7 or 11 month window was physically open when you started your "traveling". Since it must have been (required), I understand your method of doing it.

Thanks much for taking the time to answer. Hope your trip plans go great. Loved RIV studio several times there. We took the tour in Oct just to see the 2 bedroom (got a cute postcard that was actually quite frameable) and it was outstanding. Enjoy!

I thought I would just come back to this as I find Poly with all its studios is a very different resort for booking. It took either 4 or 5 days before either studio category had any nights completely booked up for the very 1st full week of December and that was one night in a Lakeview. Standard view was at least a week before those same dates finally started having 2 or 3 nights booked. Still fast when you consider other times of the year but it isn't quite the same frenzy as other locations. And if you look at all resorts now to start a reservation on December16th it's quite different availability than it was December 2nd or 3rd and thru that week.

It's the one part that potentially bodes well for VGF with the addition of the 200 resort studios. First week of December should be much easier to book unless every single new buyer is buying for that December week. :santa:

I thought I would just come back to this as I find Poly with all its studios is a very different resort for booking. It took either 4 or 5 days before either studio category had any nights completely booked up for the very 1st full week of December and that was one night in a Lakeview. Standard view was at least a week before those same dates finally started having 2 or 3 nights booked. Still fast when you consider other times of the year but it isn't quite the same frenzy as other locations. And if you look at all resorts now to start a reservation on December16th it's quite different availability than it was December 2nd or 3rd and thru that week.

It's the one part that potentially bodes well for VGF with the addition of the 200 resort studios. First week of December should be much easier to book unless every single new buyer is buying for that December week. :santa:

Thanks for this! I do hope that is the case with the new studios. The more we have been thinking about it, with our plan to do every other year, we may end up just doing the 2 studios (assuming we can at least request connecting) instead of the 2 bedroom when we want to go first week in December...but, at least it may give us some options. Of course, we would never be going for more than 2 or 3 nights (as we would split stay with nights at RIV), but it may be a good thing!!!

So you just use the modify function or you have to work through MS to get the modification?

I thought I read somewhere that when you do this they have to cancel your reservation first then you rebook it. It is happening close to simultaneous but someone could potentially beat you to it in those brief moments and now you have nothing.

So you just use the modify function or you have to work through MS to get the modification?

I thought I read somewhere that when you do this they have to cancel your reservation first then you rebook it. It is happening close to simultaneous but someone could potentially beat you to it in those brief moments and now you have nothing.
It can be done online and it isn't a cancel/rebook. When you modify you hold your existing reservation the whole time until the modification is done.

You can use the modify function to move, No need to call MS. As long as you move something before the actual 11 month window opens for that date, no one can get the room from you.

You can use the modify function to move, No need to call MS. As long as you move something before the actual 11 month window opens for that date, no one can get the room from you.

I was looking for it starting a 7 month booking a few days before my 7 month window opens. So will it work the same way or is there a different risk?

I was looking for it starting a 7 month booking a few days before my 7 month window opens. So will it work the same way or is there a different risk?

There is a small risk because at anytime, a home resort owner can take the room. I have had that happen so it’s not guaranteed,

But, you do get a jump on another non resort owner, But, if it gets blocked by the owner, you would not get the room anyway.

IMO, the only risk is if you have something booked at your home resort and start moving it too soon, don’t get what you want, and then can not get the nights you want back at your home resort either.

I mean yes and no. 2.5M points going to maybe 4.2M is a big difference. Peak times are peak because they have disproportionate demand. So, I would expect pressure on all types to be very high for peak times. Demand for large rooms has nowhere to go but up because of new points who also like peak times.

But you're right with the mechanics of booking this. It's not like hundreds of people are going to be able to book at once. Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter