How do I prioritize tickets on MDE? Do I even need to in this situation?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
My parents have non expiration date tickets with 2 days left linked to MDE.
We just purchased 3 day park hoppers for our trip in April that I want to link to MDE for FP+.
They are going to want to save the non expiration ones for another time so how do I prioritize their tickets so that the new tickets are used first?

Also they do not have magic bands and I don't think they plan on buying them so they will just be using the hard ticket media so do they even need to prioritize since they will be tapping the actual ticket vs a magic band?

Even if they don't need to be prioritized in that situation I still would like to know how to do so just in case they decide to buy magic bands.

Thanks!

My parents have non expiration date tickets with 2 days left linked to MDE.
We just purchased 3 day park hoppers for our trip in April that I want to link to MDE for FP+.
They are going to want to save the non expiration ones for another time so how do I prioritize their tickets so that the new tickets are used first?

Also they do not have magic bands and I don't think they plan on buying them so they will just be using the hard ticket media so do they even need to prioritize since they will be tapping the actual ticket vs a magic band?

Even if they don't need to be prioritized in that situation I still would like to know how to do so just in case they decide to buy magic bands.

Thanks!
If they are planning to use their new hard tickets, do this:
Add Mom#2 and Dad#2 to your Family list.
Link their 3-day hoppers to these new parents.
Book FPs for Mom#2 and Dad#2.

They'll enter the parks and the FP lines by tapping the 3-day plastic tickets.

Their non-expiring 2 day tickets remain perfectly safe with your real parents.

If they are planning to use their new hard tickets, do this:
Add Mom#2 and Dad#2 to your Family list.
Link their 3-day hoppers to these new parents.
Book FPs for Mom#2 and Dad#2.

They'll enter the parks and the FP lines by tapping the 3-day plastic tickets.

Their non-expiring 2 day tickets remain perfectly safe with your real parents.

So basically I'm going to manage their new park tickets on MDE under my account?

So basically I'm going to manage their new park tickets on MDE under my account?

It doesn't matter whether they are on yours or theirs, it's just that if you want to use the ticket cards and keep the non-expiring tickets "safe", the 3-day tickets need to be assigned to different "guests" than the non-expiration tickets are assigned to.

Using a ticket card instead of a MagicBand doesn't matter. They actually work the same way, once the tickets are linked to an MDE profile. If the 3-day tickets are assigned to your parents' original MDE profiles (the ones with the non-expiration tickets assigned to them), the ticket card may very well use those tickets instead of the new ones.

If you don't want to create those alternate profiles (in your account or theirs), you CAN request that the tickets be prioritized the way you request. Just confirm that the correct ticket has been used after they enter the park.

I have basically the same question, in a different situation. I'm the lead guest on the reservation (dvc point rental) and have 10 day non expiring tickets with six days left on them, already on my mde from a previous trip for both my wife and I. I just bought 4 day park hoppers and want to use them instead of the non expiring tickets, so how do I put them first. Also have water parks on the non expiring tickets, so how would I go about using a water park day from those tickets while only using the new ines for theme park entry?

I just bought 4 day park hoppers and want to use them instead of the non expiring tickets, so how do I put them first.
You#2 and Wife#2 can have the 4-day hoppers linked to them. Use the ticket for parks and FPs.

Use your NE tickets to enter waterparks.

*Do you have MagicBands linked to the people with the non-expiry tickets?

You#2 and Wife#2 can have the 4-day hoppers linked to them. Use the ticket for parks and FPs.

Use your NE tickets to enter waterparks.

*Do you have MagicBands linked to the people with the non-expiry tickets?
Yes I have linked magic bands

Yes I have linked magic bands
That makes it easier: MagicBands for waterparks-only. Never use them for parks.

Plastic 4-day hopper tickets to enter parks and FP lines. These have to be linked to You#2 and Wife#2.

Plastic 4-day hopper tickets to enter parks and FP lines. These have to be linked to You#2 and Wife#2.
Thank you, makes sense. Using the physical card will make sure the days come off of that. Now to set up my aliases

After sitting here thinking about it I would really like to do it the other way around. Use the magic band for theme parks since we will be going there 4 days and they will open our room and have charging on them. Then just pull the older non expiring tickets out once to enter the water parks.

After sitting here thinking about it I would really like to do it the other way around. Use the magic band for theme parks since we will be going there 4 days and they will open our room and have charging on them. Then just pull the older non expiring tickets out once to enter the water parks.
The problem is you can't move the non-expiry tickets. If you want to use MBs, link your new hoppers to the original you and wife.

Then, you'll have to go to Guest Relations to prioritize your 4-day hoppers to be used first. Your waterparks will be used no problem but, you need to make sure the system doesn't deduct non-expiry entitlements by mistake.

I enter parks and FP lines with a plastic, Guest Pass. My MBs are only used for resort room doors. It's really not a big deal to use plastic tickets.

The problem is you can't move the non-expiry tickets. If you want to use MBs, link your new hoppers to the original you and wife.

Then, you'll have to go to Guest Relations to prioritize your 4-day hoppers to be used first. Your waterparks will be used no problem but, you need to make sure the system doesn't deduct non-expiry entitlements by mistake.

I enter parks and FP lines with a plastic, Guest Pass. My MBs are only used for resort room doors. It's really not a big deal to use plastic tickets.
During our conversation I've been messing around with the mde on my phone and found a manage my tickets area that shows the serial number on my non expiring tickets and asks me if I want to deactivate them. Could I do this and replace them with the new ones?

During our conversation I've been messing around with the mde on my phone and found a manage my tickets area that shows the serial number on my non expiring tickets and asks me if I want to deactivate them. Could I do this and replace them with the new ones?
The ticket entitlements still remain on that Profile/line. I hesitate to say that deactivation works especially for a non-expiry ticket. *Actually, deactivation only deactivates the plastic ticket. The entitlements will still be accessed because the MB provides the link to the Profiles/lines.

Deferring to @Robo on this. When MBs are deactivated, their RFID can still be read and used at FP kiosks.

The ticket entitlements still remain on that Profile/line. I hesitate to say that deactivation works especially for a non-expiry ticket.

Deferring to @Robo on this. When MBs are deactivated, their RFID can still be read and used at FP kiosks.
It shows an option for both. One for deactivating the band and one for deactivating the ticket. If that helps. Once again thanks for the help with this high tech headache :scared1:

It shows an option for both. One for deactivating the band and one for deactivating the ticket. If that helps. Once again thanks for the help with this high tech headache :scared1:
I Edited my above response. Deactivating only involves the plastic ticket that carried the entitlements to your MDE Profile.

Your MB provides the direct link to those non-expiry entitlements. So, you'd have to go to Guest Relations to prioritize to ensure you don't lose any non-expiry days.

Bumping this up in case there have been any changes to the advice given here over a year ago.

We are dealing with the following situation for our August trip:

1. Split resort reservations (3 nights AKL, 3 nights BWV) - do we need to call to link these so we can make FP reservations for our entire stay at the start of the first ressie?

2. We each have several non-expiring tix linked to our MDE - we want to use some benes from these (waterpark, mini golf) BUT not use the park tix

3. We have purchased 3 day PHs for this trip (& we plan to add a day to them once we get there) and want to use those.
a. My DD has already linked her 3 day ticket to her profile - is it too late to set up a new profile to link this to?
b. I think we will 1) go to guest relations to have them prioritize our 3 day tickets (should we upgrade to 4 days then or wait until Day 2? AND take pix of what MDE is showing before we arrive at the parks in case the prioritization fails and it takes our park entrance from the wrong ticket.
c. Will our FP's be linked to our MB/MDE or to these tickets?

4. If we enter the park using our hard copy expiring tix, do we scan those instead of MB to use FP's? Can we still use MDE to change/add FP's once we're in the park? I don't want to have to have to go to kiosks to do that - we maximize our PH and often make FP's for another park once we use up our first three.

Thanks!

OK, I have done this several times; if you are staying at a Disney hotel, the concierge there can prioritize tickets. I've seen someone say not to do that on here, that you have to go to park Guest Relations, but I've done this at least 3 times and every time the hotel concierge has prioritized my ticket for me and it has worked every time (just FYI they also told me not just to deactivate my ticket, but rather have someone go in and prioritize them). I do check it right after entry to make sure the right ticket was used. I don't like messing around with new MDE accounts and such, so I don't. It's personal preference. If I wasn't staying at a Disney Hotel, I'd go to Guest Relations and then check after entry.

OK, I have done this several times; if you are staying at a Disney hotel, the concierge there can prioritize tickets. I've seen someone say not to do that on here, that you have to go to park Guest Relations, but I've done this at least 3 times and every time the hotel concierge has prioritized my ticket for me and it has worked every time (just FYI they also told me not just to deactivate my ticket, but rather have someone go in and prioritize them). I do check it right after entry to make sure the right ticket was used. I don't like messing around with new MDE accounts and such, so I don't. It's personal preference. If I wasn't staying at a Disney Hotel, I'd go to Guest Relations and then check after entry.

^^^^^^^^ The above is good info ^^^^^^^^^

For the second time I have a person in my group that lost days due to having more than one ticket loaded in MDE but having the wrong one get used. One was a no-expire from 2014 so we marked that as 'inactive' and the other one marked as 'active' so that the entry system would use that one first.

Looks like that does no good at all, and that the note above about going to guest services to get them prioritized is really needed.

I just sent the "contact us" online request to ticket support and provided the ticket numbers in question so they can verify, and asked them to look into it and give us a voucher for the missing two days that we can use at guest services on the next trip, which is what we had to do last year when two others in our group had 4 days burned from a 10-day no-expire by mistake.

Marking tickets as inactive does nothing at all in relation to using them inadvertently for park admission.
A guest CAN NOT do anything to prioritize tickets. Nothing. At all. You must stop at Guest Services and have them take care of it any time you have more than one type of ticket media on your account. Always and forever. Even if you have done it once. Never assume it "sticks" for next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter