How do I post multiple quotes in one post?

I hope this is the right place for this. And it's probably a dumb question but I just don't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I'll be on a thread and want to respond to more than one quote in the same post but I can't figure out how to do it.

I know how to do one quote..........then I'll click back to push "quote" on another post on that thread and when I get to the post screen, the first quote disappeared.

I see others doing it, but I can't figure it out. Thanks for your help.

You can use the quote feature for the first post if you want, but for subsequent posts you'll have to copy and paste, and use the icon quote button instead of the regular quote button at the bottom of the post.

To get the 2nd quote, from your post reply's edit screen, scroll down the page. You'll see the other posts listed. Find the next post you want to quote, copy the text you want to post, (click-drag to highlight, then click your browser's copy command, or hit Ctrl-C for copy).

Go back to your response, click in your edit box to reset the cursor's position, and then click the quote icon. If you're using the standard editor a box will popup will appear. Paste your clipboard's contents into the popup box.

You'll get the text you selected as a quote, Like this:
I'll be on a thread and want to respond to more than one quote in the same post but I can't figure out how to do it.

Alternately, you can just manually enter the quote tags directly if you want to. This is probably easier if doing multiple quotes. Simply paste the quoted text directly into your response, then add the tags. Example: You copied this: This is Quoted Text. Add the start and end tags like this:

[ Quote]This is Quoted Text[ /Quote] NOTE: without the extra spaces and you'll get this:
This is Quoted Text

If you also want the name of the user to show, you'll have to add that manually within the first Quote tag.

[ Quote=Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc] I hope this is the right place for this. And it's probably a dumb question but I just don't seem to find the answer anywhere.[ /Quote] (Again, without the extra spaces)
and you'll get this:
Mom of Sleepy said:
I hope this is the right place for this. And it's probably a dumb question but I just don't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I'm sure you realize that I put in extra spaces in my examples so the actual code itself will show. Without the spaces, the browser displays it as a quote.

From the edit page, you can only review the responses on one page of the particular thread. If you want to quote from several posts on different pages, you'll first have to create your response separately, outside using the edit box. The easiest way to do that is to open Notepad, then create your response there, copy and paste quoted text directly from the thread's responses, adding quote tags as necessary. When done, then go to enter your response posting on the DIS, and copy and paste everything from the Notepad into your answer.

Hope this helps.

Caskbill said:
You can use the quote feature for the first post if you want, but for subsequent posts you'll have to copy and paste, and use the icon quote button instead of the regular quote button at the bottom of the post.

Caskbill said:
Go back to your response, click in your edit box to reset the cursor's position, and then click the quote icon. If you're using the standard editor a box will popup will appear. Paste your clipboard's contents into the popup box.

I think I get it. :teeth:

Caskbill said:
If you also want the name of the user to show, you'll have to add that manually within the first Quote tag.

Thank you Caskbill. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter