how do i make a complaint...

daisydo

Earning My Ears
has anyone got an address email or mail that i can write to.
we had a fantastic trip,m loved every minute and the hotel.
until....2 mickey mouses arrived at the signing! caused a lot of questions and my niece was actually really upset!
seems silly to complain but just feel i should say something. we saved hard for our trip and this kinda took some of the disney magic away!
thanks

omg what :scared1:??? Which Mickey was the imposter - and what on earth did you tell your niece? My DD is 7 now, but even now I still tell her there are secret passages under the parks, which is how characters can get so quickly from one area to another. But I don't know how I'd explain away 2 Mickeys in the same place at the same time!

I use this email address for contacting DLRP -

'DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATION@disney.com'

:lmao: I can imagine that was difficult.

Kacee noticed Woody and Jessie heading into the CM only part of Woody's Roundup as two others came out, luckily as he is only two he was more excited to see 2 Woody's than anything else although I have learnt a valuable lesson on not getting too close to the CM only entrances/exits in the park :thumbsup2

2 Mickeys???? How could that happen??? Didn't someone say something? What did the CM's do about it???

2?! Im suprised disney let that happen. I know in WDW only one mickey is allowed to be out in each park at a time just in case

Oh my! God knows how i would of explained that to Kyra if we had witnessed that. It was hard enough explaning how Tigger got to the parade so quick after we saw him 10 mins previous in the DLH lol.

I don't know about my dd being upset but i know i would be to see 2 Mickey's at once. Im not sure how i would explain it either to her. If you booked through a tour operator or travel agents they can act on your behalf, If you booked through Disney Direct im not sure who would be your first point of call.

Cheyenne July 2006
Cheyenne June 2007
Cheyenne Sept 2008
Still planning 2009

OMG, what a big mess-up there!:scared: Hope you took pics as well of both the Mickeys together.

The wife has reminded me that when we went in 2004 we saw three Friar Tuck's, not in the same place but in very close proximity to each other. One in the Central Hub, one outside IASW and the other in the area between Dumbo and the Carousel!

In October there was also Mickey Mouse in the Studio Courtyard and Mickey again at the 'Mickey and Friends' Meet'n'Greet (which was actually very usefull as everyone mobbed him in the courtyard so I was free to take the pictures in my signature with the 'proper' Mickey)

I'm glad I didn't have to explain such a situation when my lot were younger :scared1: Though I'd not think it was necessary to write and complain.
Might have been better to pop into City hall and let them know that there were to many friends of Mickey about :goodvibes Then they might have been able to resolve the scheduling mistake ;)

Wow - I've never heard of this happening before!

Yesterday I was talking to my little one who turn 5 two weeks before our trip, about how excited I was to be seeing Mickey again. She turned around, patted me on the back and said "it's ok mum, it's a person inside there, not a real mouse" I nearly died of shock. I replied to her "do you think so?? I've always thought Mickey is real, what do you think?" After thinking hard she whispered "I think you are right, the Princesses are real so Mickey Mouse must be"

If I saw two Mickey's I just wouldn't know what to do,. As silly as it seems, I have never once thought our cuddly friends aren't anything but real. Never have I looked upon them as having someone inside! I still don't, and I think I did a good job in making her believe again. Now if two of them appeared she'd have just said to me "told you so........" :rotfl2:

oh no how awful, funny coz we were discussing this the other day, my hubby said do you think they have 2 characters the same at the parks at the same time or nearish each other? & i said no defiantley not!!!! whoops!
i'm certainly glad we didnt see 2 together as both my sone who are 7 & 2 think they are real:)

hi
Something along the same lines happened to us last year. We went to the character tea and one of the characters was goofy. As we were waiting for him to get to our table the kids looked out of the window just has the character train was coming past and who should be on there GOOFY :)
My DS turned around looked me straight in the eye and said "its people dressed up isnt it". I didnt know what to say i just looked away.
It didnt seem to spoil his fun though and he still got excitied to see the characters.
You would think that somewhere like Disney would make sure these things didnt happen.

hi
Something along the same lines happened to us last year. We went to the character tea and one of the characters was goofy. As we were waiting for him to get to our table the kids looked out of the window just has the character train was coming past and who should be on there GOOFY :)
My DS turned around looked me straight in the eye and said "its people dressed up isnt it". I didnt know what to say i just looked away.
It didnt seem to spoil his fun though and he still got excitied to see the characters.
You would think that somewhere like Disney would make sure these things didnt happen.

oh dont, your poor boy :( bless him, my boys would also be devastated if they found out.

oh dont, your poor boy :( bless him, my boys would also be devastated if they found out.

He ok about it luckily he said "oh well the best part is trying to get all of there autographs even if they are not real"
I tried the old santa thing by saying that the real goofy cant be everywhere so some of his friends help him out by dressing up as him. :)
Seemed to work for now anyway well till he finds out the truth about santa ;)

Hi Kinjan . Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

we had got into the park early so went on a ride and then headed back to the mainstreet station area where it said mickey and friends were for photos from 10 - 12. We got there at 10 knowing that mickey would be the first out.
We got in a long queue and after about 15 minutes over the loudspeaker came a telephone ring, followed by Mickeys voice on the telephone.
His photo spot was by a little house and i take it that this is the way he usually swaps...ie gets a phonecall, goes inside and the new mickey comes out.....
good plan but............the mickey who was having photos didnt go in and the new mickey came out of the house waving to his, very shocked, fans!
The photographer very quickly ushered the new mickey back inside and the old mickey finished signing the girl at the fronts autograph then went inside too.
5 minutes later mickey appeared...i can only presume there was a lot of panic inside with the 2 mickeys...but i can assure you there was a lot of panic outside too from children.
I wish i had taken a photo but to be honest we were trying to steer the childrens eyes away.
will def write to disney...it shouldnt have happened!

Oh no...thats really bad.....keep us posted, will be interesting to hear Disneys response!

He ok about it luckily he said "oh well the best part is trying to get all of there autographs even if they are not real"
I tried the old santa thing by saying that the real goofy cant be everywhere so some of his friends help him out by dressing up as him. :)
Seemed to work for now anyway well till he finds out the truth about santa ;)

I just presumed (wrongly) that everyone would have some "story" prepared or already told to the child just in case situations like that did happen. I had the "santa, so busy, others helping, etc. story" ready but never used it.

I have an 8 year old girl and it's never come up. She even spotted that the signature done by 3 of the characters were from the same person (I missed it). Can't remember which 3 it was, but I don't know was it a heart or a letter backward but when she showed me the 3 together it was obvious that it was the same hand writing. I tried to dismiss it lightheartedly saying, no no you only think that. But she replied "Mum, I know it's humans inside the suits, how is a cartoon, that's done on a computer supposed to walk down the street and sign my book".:) Well, all I could do was laugh. She had a point. Yet same child still firmly believes in Santa (then again, he's not a cartoon is he????).

Would be interested to see what Disney's response will be on that one. I'm sure it was intentional and I'm sure the staff got an earful too.

Hope it didn't ruin things too much though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter