How do I get a job with The Dis?

BriarRose9268

Earning My Ears
I feel like I've lost my mind. Here I sit, hundreds of miles away from Orlando, with no prospects of moving to Florida any time in the near future, yet I can't shake the desire to work for Pete. I have been following The Dis for about two years now and I just adore the team and everything they do. I have always wanted to move somewhere I'd never see the temp drop below 50 F again, and having WDW within driving distance would be the cherry on top. Something inside me is telling me "You can do this!" It sounds SO cliche but my gut keeps telling me to find a way to make it happen. Who knows, maybe in a few years I will.

I feel like I've lost my mind. Here I sit, hundreds of miles away from Orlando, with no prospects of moving to Florida any time in the near future, yet I can't shake the desire to work for Pete. I have been following The Dis for about two years now and I just adore the team and everything they do. I have always wanted to move somewhere I'd never see the temp drop below 50 F again, and having WDW within driving distance would be the cherry on top. Something inside me is telling me "You can do this!" It sounds SO cliche but my gut keeps telling me to find a way to make it happen. Who knows, maybe in a few years I will.

When they have an opening, apply for it. If you're the right fit, they'll get in touch with you. In the meantime, you can always work on your photography/videography/writing skills to make sure you've got the experience I imagine they'd be looking for. They take submissions from guest writers for WDW Info often.

Yes! I remember hearing about the guest writing on a podcast I think. I have no real writing experience but perhaps I'll give it a go. Thanks for the feedback.

Just FYI: The temps do get below 50. It seems that Orlando usually has a bit of a cold spell sometime between Jan and the end of Feb. When I was a child I remember an end of February trip where we wore our winter jackets and had to buy hats and mittens. I remember seeing signs that read "please pardon our appearance the plants and flowers froze. When I worked my CP and advanced internship there was also a few weeks of cold weather. When I worked in Fantasyland our costume had a heavy jacket we could wear when it got cold. Brrrrr. Good luck finding a job where you can relocate to FL.

I nearly got a job with the DIS but every time I tried to complete the "clutching your pearls" test, I ended up dropping a few pearls. So I was eliminated from consideration.

1) Gasp.

2) Clutch pearls.

3) Royal wave.

I think that's the order.

While we're on this topic, does anyone know when submissions for guest writers are taken/how to submit a guest piece for WDW Info?

That hasn't gotten me employed by the Dis ;)
Which is why I'm always saying I'm in such awe of you! You are like a whirliing dervish with all your activities in your daily life, and you do so much here, and all out of your passion for Disney, pro bono!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter