How do I do this Magical Express trip

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
On my return trip I am planning to go to Orlando airport on a Friday night and stay in a hotel near the airport to fly out at 6am on Saturday.
I'd like to take Magical Express to the airport on Friday late afternoon but my flight info says Saturday morning.
Do I go online and find a fake flight that leaves on Friday?

On my return trip I am planning to go to Orlando airport on a Friday night and stay in a hotel near the airport to fly out at 6am on Saturday.
I'd like to take Magical Express to the airport on Friday late afternoon but my flight info says Saturday morning.
Do I go online and find a fake flight that leaves on Friday?
Plan A:
Call DME. Tell them your flight doesn't leave until Saturday morning, but you'd like to get to the airport at 'x' time on Friday (assuming that's your checkout day). I'd expect a pickup time ~1 hour before the time you give them. If that doesn't work...

Plan B:
Look online for a flight departing ~2 hours after you'd like to arrive at MCO. Give them that flight information. They don't check with the airlines to see if you're actually booked on the flight.

Just call them and tell them what you want to do. When you overcomplicate things by telling them you're taking another flight, you risk having a problem if that flight is delayed or cancelled

I assume you check out on Friday. Just sign up for a ride back. Carry your luggage on (well, stow underneath). When you get off, go to the hotel. No need to come up with flights, etc.

I assume you check out on Friday. Just sign up for a ride back. Carry your luggage on (well, stow underneath). When you get off, go to the hotel. No need to come up with flights, etc.

Some CMs think it's required. So some people want to come up with flight info. The other option if you get one of those CMs is to politely end the call and call back.

you risk having a problem if that flight is delayed or cancelled
Does DME track outbound flights? So if you tell them you're on flight 123 leaving at 5:30p, and the airline changes that flight to leave at 8:30p (or 5:30am), DME will automatically change your pick up time?

Oh for crying out loud...this isn't that difficult. Just call DME, or talk to the front desk when you get to WDW, and tell them you need to get to MCO at such and such a time, the day prior to your flight. This certainly isn't the first time this has happened! It probably happens several times a day! DME is used to it.
And no, you don't have to have a flight leaving that day/night! Everyone is entitled to a ride back to MCO, as long as they have an active resort reservation! That's the ONLY stipulation!

Does DME track outbound flights? So if you tell them you're on flight 123 leaving at 5:30p, and the airline changes that flight to leave at 8:30p (or 5:30am), DME will automatically change your pick up time?
Yes

A few have said this so I'll say it again. You don't need to bother finding flight numbers that aren't your own.

If you call DME (866) 599-0951 You tell them what you're doing, and you can find out what time/s the DME buses leave, if they're not full you can pick your time to go to the airport.

I've done it. It works. When I called, they knew exactly what I was asking and poof, still got a ride to the airport. If you want to spend all that time looking for fake flight numbers feel free :) But it was a 5 minute chat on the phone for me (not including wait time on hold).

Good luck and safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!