How disruptive is construction at a hotel?

KPK02090

DIS Veteran
Planning a first trip to Universal this summer and looking at Portofino Bay. They are scheduled to be making repairs to the facade of the hotel from June 2023-June 2025. Their site says they are doing the repairs "one section at a time." Since it's taking 2 years, I'm hoping it's small sections. But really no idea. Would this sway you from staying there? Anyone been at any other Universal hotels during facade repairs?

Planning a first trip to Universal this summer and looking at Portofino Bay. They are scheduled to be making repairs to the facade of the hotel from June 2023-June 2025. Their site says they are doing the repairs "one section at a time." Since it's taking 2 years, I'm hoping it's small sections. But really no idea. Would this sway you from staying there? Anyone been at any other Universal hotels during facade repairs?
While not thrilled about it, it didn’t stop me from booking there again for this summer. I’m just gonna assume it‘ll be ok. As long as pools are open I think we’re good. I’m trying to stay positive and hope they‘ll make things right if anything truly unacceptable happens (whatever that may be…) ;)

While not thrilled about it, it didn’t stop me from booking there again for this summer. I’m just gonna assume it‘ll be ok. As long as pools are open I think we’re good. I’m trying to stay positive and hope they‘ll make things right if anything truly unacceptable happens (whatever that may be…) ;)
I for one will be curious what your thoughts are after you get back. If it's not too much trouble, would you report back?
I hope your trip is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter