How Did I do at my 180 Days

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jbhodj, Jun 14, 2018.

1. jbhodj

jbhodj Disney Loving Husband & Dad of 2

This morning June 14 was my 180 mark for our trip to WDW Dec 9-19 with 2 days at US. Staying at Kidani Village for our WDW portion.

With my list of ADR picks in the order i thought I needed to book I was up early with my iMac Surface and iPhone all ready to go.

By 530 am CST I had competed what I thought would be a futile task for getting the dates and times I wanted for my restaurants of choice. When the dust settled here is what I had confirmed.

Dec 11 - Hoop Dee Doo 615 pm

Dec 12 - Restaurant Marrakesh noon and Rose and Crown 630 pm

Dec 13 - Crystal Palace 1025 am

Dec 14 - Liberty Tree 12:35

Dec 15 - Boathouse 12:15 pm and California Grill 7:10 pm

Dec 16 - Trattoria al Forna 805 am and Hollywood Brown Derby 1:10 pm Mama Melrose 6:05 pm

Dec 17 - Tusker House 8:05 am Saana 1:30 pm Fireworks Desert Party 7:35 pm

Dec 18 - Via Napoli 1:30 Jiko 7:45 pm

I was happy how things fell into place and gets us to the parks and home on days needed. Things can always change depending on how my FP+ booking goes.

I was also on the fence with BH vs Homecomin but I have a DS that loves seafood and thought this would be a nice lunch for him on our DS day off.

Other meals still include QS at some favorites like Columbia Harbor House Satulli Canteen and Nomad Lounge maybe. At HS we will give Andy’s Lunchbox a try and at Epcot whatever fits our fancy while we are there. Hope you can sort of see my pattern on my park days too

Thoughts and suggest welcome.

2. Daniela Rose

Daniela Rose Best. Day. Ever.

Dec 16 is a lot of food. Plus a lot of time sitting in a restaurant.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

Looks like you done did good:).

5. winnieofpooh

winnieofpooh Mouseketeer

Looks great! I agree that Dec 16 looks like a large chunk of your day sitting in a restaurant, especially with TSL being open, but if you guys are more foodies than park people, I think it's great!

6. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene DIS Veteran

My immediate thought is ... way way way too many TS meals each day.
    Its all personal preference though. I never do more than 1 TS meal per day.
    It eats up soooo much park time.
    My second thought is that yeah you're gonna have some trouble working your FP+ selections around all those TS meals since you're looking at 60-90 minutes per TS meal.
    I'm guessing you have the DxDDP? Using the majority of your meals at TS restaurants is definitely good for trying to get the most for your money but personally I would not get that dining plan because I just couldn't handle that many TS restaurants.
    All that matters is that you got what you wanted and you have fun while there.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  7. nycdisneygal

nycdisneygal DIS Veteran

You got a lot of great and popular choices!! Fun trip to look forward to. I agree though, 3 TS in 1 day is a lot.

8. jbhodj

jbhodj Disney Loving Husband & Dad of 2

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.

Great point about Dec 16 and looking at how my day is planned that is a big issue now that I think about it. Will be making adjustments to that day for sure. Will probably drop Mama Melrose and maybe HWBD as well and just QS those meals or do breakfast in Condo keep HWBD and drop MM and see what happens. We can always do a late meal at DVC condo at AKL or at park as QS.

I should ad that my family is a mixed bag. Both foodies and ride nuts so yea a lot of TS time takes away from touring. I’m more the foodie than any of them and love sit down meals but the rest meh.

Dec 17 is another day but I really want to do Tusker house and saana I suppose if I had to choose I would drop TH because we plan on RD AK that day and just get QS breakfast, suggestions here appreciated. Saana for me is a must and lunch and break at that time seemed to fit well.

Daniela Rose likes this.
  9. rebelbuddhist

rebelbuddhist Mouseketeer

It sure is a lot of eating in a 12 hour period. My wife and I get the DxDDP but use the 3 credits most days with a 1 credit TS brunch and a late 2 credit signature/fine dining.

10. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun group. Agree that the 16th is a lot of food. hopefully you will be hungry that day. All good choices. Hope you enjoy.

11. Daniela Rose

Daniela Rose Best. Day. Ever.

We love tusker house breakfast, but we do a late breakfast. You can still rope drop and then do a 1030am breakfast at tusker house and treat it as a brunch. Then all you’ll need is a snack and then something for dinnner.

12. GillianP1301

GillianP1301 DIS Veteran

Looks great to me! I'm assuming you're filling in with QS for the missing meals, which gives you a pretty good balance.

I personally don't agree with the "too much food comments" when there are 3 TS in one day, but I know I'm hugely in the minority on that one and I won't make my case since you weren't asking for that debate.

jbhodj likes this.