How crazy is opening Food and Wine?

Mango7100

DIS Veteran
How crazy is opening weekend of Food and Wine? I assume it will be even worse since it also is the opening of SWGE? We have been kicking around the idea of going down 8/28-9/2 since it coincides with some other family members trip. We would stay offsite on timeshare points to save $$. We would probably do the DAH on 8/29, MNSSHP on 8/30, and one day at Epcot since our other family members are big foodies. I just worry we are setting ourselves up for failure... Other option is to go for a 4 day weekend in late September when our DD has an extra day off school

Thanks for feedback!

You might try hitting EP the day before FWF starts. They sometimes do previews. We happened to be there one year when they opened the kiosks the day before the official start.

I was there for the opening weekend a few years ago. Obviously, there was no SWGE opening that year and it wasn't crowded at all. It was still really hot, which I think kept crowds away. In subsequent years, I have visited during the middle of the festival and those times have always been busier than the time I went for the opening

I was there opening day last year and it was not crowded. I went the first few hours it was open. The year before I went the end of September and it was busy.

I went on the 1st Saturday last year, and it was packed by afternoon. Trying to make our way out around 230 and it was very thick with crowds coming down from France and UK side to make our way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter