How crazy busy will November 2019 with Star Wars GE opening??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We booked a first trip to DL for November of '19- after Veteran's Day and before Thanksgiving. We expect crowds, but are hoping it's manageable. Then yesterday, I panicked because I was worried that it wouldn't be, so I also booked a WDW package for the same dates. I hate holding a reservation that someone else could use, but until dates are announced for both and SWGE opens at DL, I'm just not sure which we'll do. I don't want to wait a year because MIL is 76 and oldest daughter will be transferring colleges.

I'm hoping it will be open when we go the first week of December, I am also hoping for cool weather 60's or 70's or even mid 50's would work for me.

My bet is that November will be not open to the public at all. You will either need to be lucky to get a preview pass (only AP/DVC people who already have a trip booked) or will need a hard ticket.

I have reservations at Fort Wilderness for Nov 23 - 30 (Thanksgiving week).

Here is what I'm thinking:
If Galaxy's Edge is open then, they will likely have some extended hours for people staying on property. If we use those times and can get some FastPasses, then maybe we can avoid the worst of the mobs.

If Galaxy's Edge is not open yet, then hopefully crowds won't be too bad because a lot of people will be waiting for it to open.

Does this sound reasonable?

I have a feeling that Disney will wai as long as possible before releasing an opening date for GE. They don`t want people to put off their trips because they`re waiting for the new land.

If Galaxy's Edge is open then, they will likely have some extended hours for people staying on property. If we use those times and can get some FastPasses, then maybe we can avoid the worst of the mobs.

If Galaxy's Edge is not open yet, then hopefully crowds won't be too bad because a lot of people will be waiting for it to open.

As long as you can snag FPs for the new rides, you`ll be okay. There`s also the possibility of soft openings.

We have a trip booked 11/22-11/29 and this is pretty much our line of thinking.

Going November 18th to 23rd. I hope it's NOT open.

I WOULD be very excited if it was not officially but was holding AP or paid preview events!

Last edited:
That and also releasing the free dining discount so early - to get people committed to going before Galaxy’s Edge opens.
Yes, they are doing that because the bookings are very soft in the summer as people are waiting for Star Wars. Don't expect much in terms of discounts for the fall once Star Wars opening is announced.

Months ago I read SWGE at DHS is expected to open 3 -4 months after DL. We may get a better idea after we see how Disney handles DL.

I don't buy the posters who think Disney will wait until.... once its ready Disney will open it. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney delays an opening date as long as possible. Reduce cancellations.

I am torn on what to do. I've never had an AP before since we usually go once a year, typically rent DVC points, don't have a car and don't get memory maker. DH and I are going in a few weeks and then the family will be going back in late November.

I already have 10 day base tickets for the November trip and I'm thinking it would be worth it for me to upgrade to an AP and purchase a TIW in January.

What are the guesses that an AP preview for SWGE would be offered in November? I'm not sure how the sign ups worked with Pandora and TSL. I believe the AP holder could register themselves and one guest that also had a valid AP. Did that include guests with vouchers or activated APs?

Based on the answer to the above, and the speculation about AP price increases, I'm considering if it's worth it to upgrade my and DH's tickets to APs and activate for the January trip and upgrade the other 3 tickets to AP vouchers that can be activated in November.

I know it's all guess work on the previews and ticket price increases, but if the previous AP previews could be booked for guests with vouchers, I might be willing to gamble.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I was just thinking, how many reservations for this fall will change once the opening date is finally announced? I mean, there are people who are currently holding multiple reservations just waiting to see which one to keep and which ones to cancel because they are either wanting to GO to SW:GE or AVOID it. Then there are others who are wanting to book, but DON'T want to hold multiple reservations and so are waiting to see when it will open (again, either wanting to experience it or avoid it).

Yet I've seen some speculate that Disney is going to wait until as late as possible to announce the opening (heck, I might have even suggested it at some point as well). Aren't they only hurting themselves by doing that (if it's true)? Wouldn't it be better to make the announcement as soon as they do know and let the dust settle? Let people get their arrangements made and have a better picture of the real numbers vs. all the fake reservations that will drop off once they make their announcement.

Just a thought.

I was just thinking, how many reservations for this fall will change once the opening date is finally announced? I mean, there are people who are currently holding multiple reservations just waiting to see which one to keep and which ones to cancel because they are either wanting to GO to SW:GE or AVOID it. Then there are others who are wanting to book, but DON'T want to hold multiple reservations and so are waiting to see when it will open (again, either wanting to experience it or avoid it).

Yet I've seen some speculate that Disney is going to wait until as late as possible to announce the opening (heck, I might have even suggested it at some point as well). Aren't they only hurting themselves by doing that (if it's true)? Wouldn't it be better to make the announcement as soon as they do know and let the dust settle? Let people get their arrangements made and have a better picture of the real numbers vs. all the fake reservations that will drop off once they make their announcement.

Just a thought.
Disney will announce when they are 1000% sure they're ready, they don't want another repeat of rivers of light, where they announced a date, made a big hoopla and then had to delay months and months because of technical difficulties. This is why I believe it will be later rather than sooner, definitely after DL opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!