How comfortable are the beds?

fabumouse

<font color=red>Maybe I should be less intimate wi
I want to take my FIL with us on 7 day Eastern cruise, but I am worried about his back and hip problems. He does okay in very good hotels, but not so good at cheaper ones. Anyone have an opinion on how he'd manage on the cruise?

Just home.
The queen bed (really too singles) was very comfortable. Firm yet soft if you know what I mean. I, however, got assigned to the sofa that turns into a bed. It was very firm. I could have wished for it to be a bit more padded on top. But if firm is what you need for a bad back, then it was great.

I thought the beds were fine, not top notch, but not below either..

For us it was the rocking to sleep that was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: We also had my FIL who suffers from arthritis, and he was great the whole time, loved it, and slept like a baby..

HTH :)

We had no problem with the bed. It was quite comfortable. My husband also usually complains about hotel beds but he really liked the one on the Magic.

I don't know if it was the bed, the ship's movement, or just down right relaxation but that was the best sleep DH & I have had in very long time. As a matter of fact, we haven't slept that good since!

I also look forward to sleeping on the ship. :) My back never hurts in the morning. Unfortunantly most hotel beds make by back ache during the night enough to wake me up. That happened to me at the Raddison too.

Thanks for all the positive responses, it makes me hopeful that he won't be miserable after a night or two. He uses a memory foam mattress at home - - which does make the surface of his bed a lot softer than I assume the ship's beds are.

Have you tried contacting Disney in advance to let them know of your concern? There might be some extra steps they can take before you sail. Also, we have been on four cruises with DCL with no problem at all sleeping.

DH and I both have back problems. We usually are not comfortable in normal hotel rooms and dread vacations where we don't know the resort bed situation. I can tell you we slept like babies and neither one of us woke up with back aches. Was is the magic of Disney? :confused3 Could be but I'll take our bed on the Wonder anyday! :cheer2:

Normally, in a hotel bed, I'll wake up a few times a night and generally not sleep well. DH has even more issues than I do and really sleeps poorly away from home.

Not so on DCL! As another poster stated, I don't know if it's the rocking(you don't feel rocking at all) or relaxation or you're worn out or what but we sure sleep great on DCL! The beds are comfy and nobody wakes up with backaches or anything.

i agree...the best sleep ever...i also tend to wake up alot at hotels and cannot sleep well because it seems my arms and legs go numb on hotel beds....

but ahhhhhhhhh......the gentle rocking puts me in a deep sleep and i sleep so well! :banana: :wizard:

To answer your question: We wish we could pack it in our suitcase and take it home with us! :cloud9:

Have a wonderful time and sleep well.

Best wishes.

I have trouble sleeping on just about any mattress. What I can tell you that will concur with just about all others is that I slep very well. Either that or by the end of the evening I was so darn tierd it did not matter where I was.

:goodvibes

Thanks everyone!! These responses make the decision a lot easier. :thumbsup2

My dh is also very picky and usually is very uncomfortable in any bed other than ours. The bed on the Wonder was very comfortable but sleeping on a ship was not as relaxing as I expected. We had very calm seas so I only remember rocking on the last night. But there were so many weird noises. Every night I heard some weird buzzing. It sounded like they were buffing the floors the deck above us or something. But there were sleeping rooms above us so I don't know what I was hearing...engines? But the last night was the worst! We put our bags out about 10:45 and then started hearing the people above and beside us scurrying around to get packed, I guess. Back and forth and back and forth slamming stuff. Honestly.

It is way more comfortable than the Disney hotel mattresses. Is it me or is the edges of WDW beds hard? I feel like I bruise climbing out of bed.

clovely said:
But there were so many weird noises. Every night I heard some weird buzzing. It sounded like they were buffing the floors the deck above us or something.

Thank you for bringing this up! I'm a big fan of white noise machines, I take one wherever I go, and I will add this to my list of suggestions for anyone else who decides to come with me (I'm goin' with 'em or without 'em).:teeth:

The beds on the Magic were wonderful and also we slept so well and awoke refreshed. We too have not slept like that since and cannot wait to get back on board at some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter