How cold are the restaurants?

HollyH

Are we there yet!!!!!
I know it's summer but that's when the air is usually cranked to the maximum! Just how cold do the restaurants get? Will we need light jackets or shawls?

IMO, the restaurants are very chilly, but the theatres are down right COLD. I would definitely take a jacket or shawl.

Its really a personal thing. IMO there was no place on board that was chilly, I never needed anything other than a short sleeve shirt and a pair of shorts (pants for dinner)

Originally posted by HollyH
I know it's summer but that's when the air is usually cranked to the maximum! Just how cold do the restaurants get? Will we need light jackets or shawls?

We usually cruise in late August or Early September and the restaurants have been fine, however, as the previous poster stated, the theaters can get very cold, so, a light sweater or jacket might be a good idea to bring with you .... Andy

I found all restaurants, except Palo, to be chilly. Buena Vista Theater was sooooo cold, DCL could have used it as a meat locker.

IMO, the dining rooms, theatres and bars have always been too chilly for my comfort. I always need to have a shawl or sweater with me.

Ok, I'll differ....we've been on 10 Magic cruises, and I've only been cold once. However, a lightweight sweater is always a good idea on any trip.

I, too, haven't noticed being chilled very often, but several people I've cruised with have been. My advice, if you're chilly when other people aren't very often, BRING A COVERUP!!! My mil used my CC towel as a lap blanket the entire cruise. It NEVER got wet!! ;-)

Kelli

My 8 year old DD was cold in the restaurants but the rest of us were fine. I brought a light weight sweater for her and she was fine. If you are someone that is usually cold when others are not, bring a sweater. Have a great time!

My DW is always cold, but was never cold on our 12-27-03 NYE Eastern.
But take a sweater just in case.
We've had a war going on at work about the temperature, so we have gone with the OSHA recommended 72 degrees year round. That's a little warm for me, a little cold for others, everyone's unhappy, so it must be a good compromise!!!
Actually, the electronic equipment we use is supposed to be kept at 68, but I guess will have to put up with shorter equipment life to be comfortable.
I know a lady who is an air traffic controller, they keep their work are at 60 degrees, and if it gets above 62, it triggers an alarm and they have to call in the a/c repairman.

We were so cold in the theater after the early dinner seating, we covered ourselves with dry pool towels and almost feel asleep during who wants to be a millionaire! July, Oct. and Nov. cruises.

I am one of those people that is cold when no one else is, I found the theaters and the resteraunts to be a bit chilly and wished I had brought a lightweight sweater.

Originally posted by tvguy
My DW is always cold, but was never cold on our 12-27-03 NYE Eastern.
But take a sweater just in case.
We've had a war going on at work about the temperature, so we have gone with the OSHA recommended 72 degrees year round. That's a little warm for me, a little cold for others, everyone's unhappy, so it must be a good compromise!!!

72 would be way to warm for me...I keep the A/C in the house on 64!! This cruise the A/C in the stateroom was good but last cruise it never got cool enough for me.....

I almost always bring our Castaway Club towel with me to the theater...makes a handy cover-up! I'm usually fine in the restaurants.
Barb

I guess I should have mentioned that I'm almost always cold. I would freeze in some of your houses. DH and I are forever fighting about the A/C. I like in on 79° and he would be happy at 75° or below.

Thanks everyone for responding. Being in a movie theatre watching the new Harry Potter in arctic temperatures got me thinking about the restaurants. I want to be able to enjoy the evening and dine without my teeth chattering! I think we'll bring light sweaters just in case. Can't believe we're finally beginning to pack for our first cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter