How can you guarantee which use year DVC is applying to a reservation?

loomi1713

Earning My Ears
Sorry, I am fairly new to this. But I transferred @ 150 points from use year 2009 to use year 2010. I received my new allotment of points in December, so now I have 350 points available. I made a reservation for Novermber 2010 using 150 points (hopefully the 150 points that I banked, not from the new allotment). Is there any way to confirm where the points were drawn from without contacting MS? Thanks, Jay.

Sorry, I am fairly new to this. But I transferred @ 150 points from use year 2009 to use year 2010. I received my new allotment of points in December, so now I have 350 points available. I made a reservation for Novermber 2010 using 150 points (hopefully the 150 points that I banked, not from the new allotment). Is there any way to confirm where the points were drawn from without contacting MS? Thanks, Jay.

Yes, check the member website and look at the points. If the ones that were banked were used, it will show that you still have points left that can be banked.

But, if you have a Dec UY, you just started your 2009 UY. I am assuming you mean that you banked 2008 points (good from Dec. 1st, 2008 to November 30th, 2009) to 2009 (good now from Dec. 1st, 2009 to November 30th, 2010) and those are the ones you want to be sure got used.

When you check your 2009 UY, it will show exactly what is left, and what can still be banked. As long as you have bankable points, then the 2008 "banked" points were used. Hope this makes sense.

Yes, that is what I meant, and your explanation made perfect sense. I will check now. Thank you!

When you make a reservation where you have this situation, ask member services to confirm the point balances before you hang up.

Thanks for the advise. I will be making a call to MS today, I hope they are open. This forum is a great asset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter