how can I make this work--

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
Fri is our 7 month to change resort--wed like to stay at BCV very end of Jan to a few days in Feb

now there is one night booked right in the middle of the time we were planning--

our AP expire and were not sure if were to renew or just get a few days tickets whenever we go

we just go once a year

ok so heres my issue

I could bump our trip so arriving 4 day later and staying 4 nites later--our passes expire I think Feb 1 so wed have to buy tickets but as of now theres still rooms if we bump our trip

or I could possibly waitlist the one night--Ive never done a waitlist and dont know where to ever start--

just curious as to why someone would book just 1 night in the middle of a week--days before this day are open as are after just the one day

so any help you could give me would be greatly appreicated thanks all

I assume you are looking for a studio, they go very fast. Maybe get a 1 BR for that night, and wait list for a stu. Good luck.

Fri is our 7 month to change resort--wed like to stay at BCV very end of Jan to a few days in Feb

now there is one night booked right in the middle of the time we were planning--

our AP expire and were not sure if were to renew or just get a few days tickets whenever we go

we just go once a year

ok so heres my issue

I could bump our trip so arriving 4 day later and staying 4 nites later--our passes expire I think Feb 1 so wed have to buy tickets but as of now theres still rooms if we bump our trip

or I could possibly waitlist the one night--Ive never done a waitlist and dont know where to ever start--

just curious as to why someone would book just 1 night in the middle of a week--days before this day are open as are after just the one day

With DVC being a timeshare that allows you to book any nights and arrive and depart on any nights it’s probably just overlap with arrivals and departures. Even just 1 person departing on Thursday and one arriving Wednesday. But it could be a one night stay too.

You might book the first part of the trip and see if at 7 months someone happens to move out of BCV and you can get that missing night. If not then see if you can get the past few nights and decide then if you want to switch the dates. A waitlist or 1 night generally has a good chance of coming thru.

Last edited:

we just go once a year

ok so heres my issue

I doubt that someone booked just 1 night in the middle of the week. It's just the way that the DVC reservation puzzle pieces are falling.

I think that you should keep an eye on availability during the week. You may see some movement as the 7 month window opens up for everyone or you could see those rooms that are currently available snapped up by others.

I wouldn't give up my home resort reservation in favor of a BCV reservation with a hole in the middle of the stay. I would shift my dates so that I had a complete stay at BCV or a stay with either the first or last night waitlisted. Having a hole in the middle of your stay is like filling an inside straight - it's a gamble. If the waitlist (or stalking) comes thru, you're a winner. But if it doesn't, then your in bad shape.

we just go once a year

ok so heres my issue

That was good advice to see if a one bedroom is open that day. I was going to suggest a split stay, maybe something at Boardwalk is open ? It’s not Beach Club but it’s the same area ? Good Luck!

Another option would be to waitlist that one day, and give yourself a backup plan by reserving a room at BCV (hotel) for that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter