How busy is Kona Cafe

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Mikamarii, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Mikamarii

Mikamarii Earning My Ears

Hi all,

We have a cruise and non park visit coming up in a few weeks (well we have MNSSHP tickets so not totally true).

Anyway, each trip we’ve done I’ve always said “this trip I’ll finally get Tonga toast”. Yet I’ve never done it

This year it’s going to happen!!! (I hope). We’re staying at beach club this time (another first) not the poly. My question is do I need a breakfast ressie? I went online and only thing they have is 1040.

Was hoping to get there around 9 and wait for a table but with the lack of reservation options I’m worried now about a lengthy wait.

Thoughts?

2. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

Absolutely,
    It is one of the more popular resort restaurants and so I would definitely make an ADR.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Nornster

Nornster Mouseketeer

You can get Tonga Toast at the quick service at Captain Cook's if you don't make it into Kona Cafe - but it doesn't come with the strawberry compote.

5. Mikamarii

Awesome thank you so much. I didnt know they served it at Cpt Cooks. After you said that i checked the menu and there it was. This saves us all kinds of planning 'trouble':teeth:

ConnecticutNonna and Nancyg56 like this.
  6. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

If you prefer Kona Cafe and you're headed to Captain Cooks for Tonga toast anyway, you might as well check at the Kona Cafe cashier/counter for wait times.
    I remember calling dining reservations from Magic Kingdom early one morning just to see if they might be able to squeeze in a table for two in the next couple of hours at Kona Cafe for breakfast and they said no, all booked. We headed over anyway, thinking nothing to lose, and were seated in about five minutes. Might be worth a try for you, too.
    Wherever you go, sure hope you have a magical time, Mikarii!

:goodvibes

Mikamarii and ConnecticutNonna like this.
  7. Mikamarii

Thanks Dizzytime. That is what we are planning. I'm not necessarily set on Kona Café just the Tonga toast! I figure we'll stop by and see the wait list is. If it's too long and the little ones are hangry we will slide over to Cpt Cooks. If it's reasonable we will wait for a table!