How bad are the staterooms on Deck 2 on the Fantasy?

Another fan of Deck 2 ... I'd be asking my TA to put a note on my ressie to DCL asking them not to change my room now!! Love Deck 2!!

Another fan of Deck 2 ... I'd be asking my TA to put a note on my ressie to DCL asking them not to change my room now!! Love Deck 2!!

We've actually been dealing directly with DCL higher ups at this point and not our TA. The wonderful woman handling the case said there are over 1000 notations in the file as of now. The TA blamed Disney and Disney blamed the TA. If the TA had called with the news that it was being handled and not to worry, I'd still be dealing with her. However, her first call said... "Good news and bad news... there is room on the ship, they will lose their current Deck 6 assignment and they have to be waitlisted to get onto the same dining time as the rest of the family and ... oh.... yeah.... it's $1700 more. How would YOU like to pay for that?" I didn't answer that question very nicely. :furious: Disney ended up allowing the price to revert back to the booking "mistake" date so it was only $600 more and the TA agreed to pay it. I have been told that the TA had to have made the error when she booked us. DCL came through though and at least they have a mid-ship room (SIL get's sea sick forward or aft) and after reading all these posts I'm thrilled with the location and can't wait for them to be happy too!!! My Brother and SIL know NOTHING of this... and they won't until dinner on the last night of our sailing... we'll have a few drinks and a LOT of laughs about all the drama and how it got resolved!! :rolleyes1

We love Deck 2! We've been on Deck 2 on the Dream (inside and outside), Magic (outside) and Wonder (outside). We have upcoming reservations on the Wonder (Deck 2 inside) and Fantasy (Deck 2 outside). This is our preferred location for convenience, noise level, and price. Never any issues.

How is the port hole size? I know they are a little bigger on the higher decks, but the ones on deck two look like a really nice size. I've sailed on the Magic on deck 2 and also deck 5 and 6 with ocean views, don't remember much difference in the port hole size. Just curious as to what to expect when we get on board next week.

allears said:
How is the port hole size? I know they are a little bigger on the higher decks, but the ones on deck two look like a really nice size. I've sailed on the Magic on deck 2 and also deck 5 and 6 with ocean views, don't remember much difference in the port hole size. Just curious as to what to expect when we get on board next week.

Big enough that my then 9 year old daughter climbed up in ours last summer everyday to lie down and read her book. At one point my 18 year old son even got up there to try to lay down, though his legs didn't fit so well. The windows remind me of the ones on deck 3 where you often see kids sitting on them just off the atrium.

Big enough that my then 9 year old daughter climbed up in ours last summer everyday to lie down and read her book. At one point my 18 year old son even got up there to try to lay down, though his legs didn't fit so well. The windows remind me of the ones on deck 3 where you often see kids sitting on them just off the atrium.

Oh very nice! I'm very sure we'll love the state room and I've very much enjoyed the ocean view rooms, even better than a veranda room, not that I would pass one up! And I do like the how easy it is to get the venues at the heart of the ship! Can't beat stumbling out of bed and going just down the hall for breakfast!

We also enjoyed deck 2-no worries. For some reason I thought if they linked you for dining they would automatically be able to switch to your time.

Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate the feedback!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter