How bad are the staterooms on Deck 2 on the Fantasy?

Kimmielee

Living my Disney Happily Ever After dream... ♥
My SIL really wanted a higher deck but after our TA booked her on the wrong ship and not realizing it until a year later... they had to go with a GTY for an inside stateroom... Today she was given a stateroom number and it's on Deck 2. I think she's going to freak out about being on the bottom of the ship!!!

My SIL really wanted a higher deck but after our TA booked her on the wrong ship and not realizing it until a year later... they had to go with a GTY for an inside stateroom... Today she was given a stateroom number and it's on Deck 2. I think she's going to freak out about being on the bottom of the ship!!!

I have sailed on deck 2 many times, we love it.

Scan the the recent threads, there was one about deck two staterooms, and all of the reports were good. We are book in a ocean view on deck two and it should be very nice. It's not like it's the bowels of the or thrid class accomodations.

I've stayed on deck two on the Magic a couple of times and loved it!

Actually my favorite floor to be on and was bummed that I couldnt get it for my upcoming cruise- she will love it!

We special requested Deck 2 on the Fantasy. We loved it on the Dream. Staying on Deck 2 on the Wonder in April too. I don't see the need to pay extra for a verandah and I need to be in the middle of the ship to avoid sea sickness, so it's really my only option. I was pleasantly surprised how much we liked the location.

I recently booked Deck 2 on the Fantasy and had concerns too. I posted here and received nothing but favorable comments and many shared that they always request Deck 2. My concerns were put to rest and I'm excited to be on a deck that is accessible to so much!

Why do you assume that deck 2 is bad? Have you ever stayed on deck 2 on any DCL ship?

I have. I spent 25 consecutive days on deck 2 of the Magic in 2011. I spent a week on deck 2 of the Fantasy a few months ago.

Deck 2 has less motion than higher decks. It is a great location for proximity to the restaurants and Guest Services. If there is a negative, it is that I find it necessary to take an elevator to the pool deck; those with younger knees may appreciate the climb and exercise. It is quiet, and the layout of the Fantasy has the guest rooms removed from the public areas.

I'd book deck 2 again in a heartbeat. Great location!

If SIL is that upset, she can try to purchase an upgrade at the port and be able to select her cabin.

My crew stayed in 4 staterooms on Deck 2 in November. The location couldn't be beat for access to the MDR restaurants, the Walt Disney Theater and shopping. It was quiet and stable - I don't remember feeling any movement at all!

We were in a Deluxe Ocean View stateroom but we caught a glimpse into our across the hall neighbor's room a few times - those inside staterooms had a ton of space! We were a bit jealous to be honest!

We had an inside on deck 2 (on the Dream) and I didn't like it at all. It was noisy when we docked anywhere and had tons of hallway noise when it was first seating for dinner as people walked down the corridors instead of taking mid-ship elevators. It was super convenient for everything - but the noise for me outweighed that. My BF, however, has no issues with deck 2.

Another Deck 2 lover here.....stayed on Deck 2 several times on the Dream and Fantasy (as well as on the Magic/Wonder). Extended family stayed on Deck 2 on the Fantasy and loved it and all booked again for 2014 on Deck 2 on the Fantasy.

We never heard any noise. Our cabin was all the way forward #2004/2006.

MJ

We were in room 2010 on the Dream and loved it. It seemed like it was close to so much... dining, shopping, atrium, theater, shows. It was quiet as well. I would recommend the other side of the ship so you can see the beach when docked at Castaway Cay, but other than that, there is nothing I would change about our stay on deck 2.

One more perk to being on deck 2: the elevators are not full when you get them. This is especially good for those w/strollers or wheelchairs...very little waiting. We also liked deck 2, especially for its proximity to the restaurants and stores.

My crew stayed in 4 staterooms on Deck 2 in November. The location couldn't be beat for access to the MDR restaurants, the Walt Disney Theater and shopping. It was quiet and stable - I don't remember feeling any movement at all!

We were in a Deluxe Ocean View stateroom but we caught a glimpse into our across the hall neighbor's room a few times - those inside staterooms had a ton of space! We were a bit jealous to be honest!

We were in rooms #2002, #2012, #2014 & #2016. Great location! No foot traffic noise (as described somewhere above) at all.

The TA booked 2 staterooms on the 3/23/13 sailing of the Fantasy and then booked my Brother and SIL on the 3/23/13 sailing of the Magic. My SIL's booking receipt said Fantasy but the paid in full receipt said Magic!!!:sad: It was discovered on the paid in full date... prices had gone up substantially... the TA finally did the right thing and paid the difference but they were forced to get a GTY room and waitlisted for the same dining time as the rest of us. Needless to say... it's been stressful trying to get it all worked out. Disney execs took care of the final details and I'm hoping there is some extra pixie dust spread their way during the cruise!!!

Kimmielee said:
The TA booked 2 staterooms on the 3/23/13 sailing of the Fantasy and then booked my Brother and SIL on the 3/23/13 sailing of the Magic. My SIL's booking receipt said Fantasy but the paid in full receipt said Magic!!!:sad: It was discovered on the paid in full date... prices had gone up substantially... the TA finally did the right thing and paid the difference but they were forced to get a GTY room and waitlisted for the same dining time as the rest of us. Needless to say... it's been stressful trying to get it all worked out. Disney execs took care of the final details and I'm hoping there is some extra pixie dust spread their way during the cruise!!!

Wow, I'm sorry. FWIW, deck 2 rooms are not any "better" or "worse" than rooms on other decks except for the category. We sailed in an inside for our honeymoon and loved it! I'd be delighted for a room on deck 2, especially for super easy access on port days, both for getting off and getting on. There's also less traffic, so it's nice and quiet. Hopefully the dining will work out!

We have sailed all four ships and Deck 2 (Oceanview rooms) is our favorite on all of them. We especially love deck 2 on the Dream and Fantasy. We have 4 more cruises booked on the Fantasy, all on deck 2.

We have not had issues of noise and find it very convenient on the newer ships. It has great proximity to the restaurants and you hardly ever have to wait for an elevator to go up to the top decks.

I don't believe anyone would be disappointed with a stateroom on deck 2.

LOVE Deck 2!! Since our very first DCL Cruise on the WONDER in 2007, we have ALWAYS booked a stateroom on Deck 2! DH and I have sailed on all four ships. The only difference is that the Deluxe Outside Staterooms on the WONDER and the MAGIC are larger than the ones on the DREAM and the FANTASY. You really don't notice it that much though. Porthole windows are flat on the WONDER & MAGIC, but indented on the DREAM and FANTASY with enough room to lean in and watch the ocean!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter