How bad are the ride lines in October?

squirrel

DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>
We are staying at WDW for the free dining but want to venture over to US and IOA for 2 days.

Will we be able to do most of each park in the two days?

Just a little worried as the last time I went there wasn't front of the line for resort guests as there weren't any resorts!

We are staying at WDW for the free dining but want to venture over to US and IOA for 2 days.

Will we be able to do most of each park in the two days?

Just a little worried as the last time I went there wasn't front of the line for resort guests as there weren't any resorts!
The lines in October aren't usually too bad. The only thing to keep in mind is this...HHN is every weekend (Thursday - Sunday) in October and the lines at the Studios can get quite long during the afternoon hours as people arrive for HHN. Other than that...you shouldn't have any problems.

So if we visit two days on a Mon-Wed then we should be able to see most of the two parks? We will have two 5 yr olds.

We head down every October (usually Columbus Day weekend) for a couple weeks. As Metro said, with HHN taking place on Thursday - Sunday, the parks can get more crowded around 3:00 pm on those days as people start to arrive for the HHN event. Otherwise, we've found the wait times for the rides aren't too bad. If you arrive at park opening, you should have no problem seeing what you want.

We head down every October (usually Columbus Day weekend) for a couple weeks. As Metro said, with HHN taking place on Thursday - Sunday, the parks can get more crowded around 3:00 pm on those days as people start to arrive for the HHN event. Otherwise, we've found the wait times for the rides aren't too bad. If you arrive at park opening, you should have no problem seeing what you want.

::yes:: I agree!!

Thanks!

I would hate to just plan for the two days and then feel like we should have planned another two.

But, even if we don't get to everything that we want that just means another trip!

Thanks!

I would hate to just plan for the two days and then feel like we should have planned another two.

But, even if we don't get to everything that we want that just means another trip!
I think the way you think! :rotfl:

Thanks!

sounds like a plan!

We're thinking of October as well. I assume that HHN is Universal only, not IOA - so on a Thurs - Sun the best place to be would be IOA, right? I was going to do a couple of mornings at IOA, but then also an afternoon to do all the wet rides. So a HHN day would be good for our p.m. IOA it would seem. We would be staying on property, which would help with the afternoon lines and crowds.

We're thinking of October as well. I assume that HHN is Universal only, not IOA - so on a Thurs - Sun the best place to be would be IOA, right? I was going to do a couple of mornings at IOA, but then also an afternoon to do all the wet rides. So a HHN day would be good for our p.m. IOA it would seem. We would be staying on property, which would help with the afternoon lines and crowds.
Yes...actually IOA stays open a little longer during HHN so you would be able to spend the day there w/o having to worry about HHN.

you will have no worries about line rides when you stay on site.

lines for the restrooms could be a different issue...:laughing: jk

i would be out of the studios side around 3:00 on saturday and be going to IOA then. you would see a lot of crowds at the studios then.

What would be best then? We have the 7-day two park passes from Airmiles.

Would it be better to do both days on a Mon-Wed. or One day on one of those days and another on Thurs.or Friday and then go over to IOA in the afternoon?

if you are doing october for your 2 days at UO, avoid the columbus day monday.
you will have crowds on that day.

i know.

i have been doing that day for the last 5 years. i don't have issues on wait times for rides due to the fotl, but waits for food and just moving thru the crowds are my point.
typically, mondays are very good for low crowds but not on that columbus day.

What would be best then? We have the 7-day two park passes from Airmiles.

Would it be better to do both days on a Mon-Wed. or One day on one of those days and another on Thurs.or Friday and then go over to IOA in the afternoon?
Looking at your dates, I'd say you won't have much of a problem with lines for the rides as it's still early in the month - even with HHN. But as Macraven said, I'd avoid Columbus Day (which is the Oct 12th for us Canadians).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter