How awesome are Spa Villas?

Spork24

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder
Has anyone done one of the spa villas on board. They look absolutely fantastic, but are obviously pricy.

I'm thinking about booking one for an upcoming cruise, but would like thoughts on if it's worth it bs just a normal couples massage.

IMHO it is definitely not worth it. The one time we sprang for it (on the Fantasy) the hot tub was cold and not working. The included couples massage was nice but not up to resort massage standards. We complained about the hot tub an received zero compensation. We would not do it again.

Martin

IMHO it is definitely not worth it. The one time we sprang for it (on the Fantasy) the hot tub was cold and not working. The included couples massage was nice but not up to resort massage standards. We complained about the hot tub an received zero compensation. We would not do it again.

Martin

That does sound like a bad experience.

The one time we sprang for it (on the Fantasy) the hot tub was cold and not working.

We had the opposite experience when we booked a villa last year - the hot tub was way too hot and we couldn't get it cooled off. We've had several nice couples massages on DCL, but wouldn't do the villa again.

We had the opposite experience when we booked a villa last year - the hot tub was way too hot and we couldn't get it cooled off. We've had several nice couples massages on DCL, but wouldn't do the villa again.

Hmm it seems it's 2-0 against the villas so far.

I also have to give a No vote
We did it on the Fantasy and while it was OK, Hot tub was definitely underwhelming, massage was ok.
My wife has been asked to never book that spa treatment again

Book a couples massage on Castaway. much nice experience for less money IMHO

I also have to give a No vote
We did it on the Fantasy and while it was OK, Hot tub was definitely underwhelming, massage was ok.
My wife has been asked to never book that spa treatment again

Book a couples massage on Castaway. much nice experience for less money IMHO

We are planning to spend the day on castaway with our kids, want to do something on the ship while kids are at clubs, but they have regular couples massage on board as well, we may look into that.

I will give it the YES vote! We did it on the Wonder last year, and it was so nice! We've done couples massages in lots of places, and this was a great experience!

I will also give a YES for the experience and massage. We had one on the Dream 2 years ago and loved it. Jacuzzi was just the right temperature. Only thing we didn't like was the "high pressure" sell we were given for spa products. Spent enough for the experience, don't need to spend another $100 for the products!

I will also give a YES for the experience and massage. We had one on the Dream 2 years ago and loved it. Jacuzzi was just the right temperature. Only thing we didn't like was the "high pressure" sell we were given for spa products. Spent enough for the experience, don't need to spend another $100 for the products!
Totally agree about the sales pitch -- we complained about it and got a discount on another "plain" couples massage later in the week.

Totally agree about the sales pitch -- we complained about it and got a discount on another "plain" couples massage later in the week.

The products sales pitches at some spas are super annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter