How are the crowds Dec 16th?

natenapril

DIS Veteran

How are the crowds around this time? I just got a great deal at the HOJO thanks to a fellow Disser! But now do I need to prepare myself for the crowds?

Thanks a million!! April

I went in Dec '06 and stayed at Paradise pier from the 17th-21st (Sun-Thurs). It was busy, but not bad really, especially if you know all the ins and outs and know how to work the fastpasses. I don't think we waited in any lines longer than 45 minutes and that was only a few times during peak hours. I have gone to Disneyland the week of Thanksgiving and it was nothing like that, not near as busy at all. I think it is a great time to go because most people don't show up until later in the week on Thursday/Friday. I have to admit, it did start getting too busy for me and was getting a little crowded on the Thursday that we left though, luckily that was a day we were just hitting all of the favorites for one last time.

You will have a blast, it is soooo beautiful during that time and the weather was perfect when we went.

Have fun!

THanks! I was a little worried about the crowds with my 2 year old. My girls would be fine but he is a typical 2 year old:rolleyes1

You guys will do great, last december when we went we took my 7 year old and my two year old. One thing I recommend is to take advantage of the parent/child swap passes for some of the rides. My 7 year old loved it because he got to go ride things twice since the pass they give you is good for two people.
Have fun!

How are the crowds around this time? I just got a great deal at the HOJO thanks to a fellow Disser! But now do I need to prepare myself for the crowds?

Thanks a million!! April

I'll be there on Dec. 16, too (DH's birthday):banana: ! Will you be identifyable (spelling?)?

took

I'll be there on Dec. 16, too (DH's birthday):banana: ! Will you be identifyable (spelling?)?

took

Sure! We will be the crazy looking family! J/K!

I guess I really have not thought about. We are staying at the HOJO. HOw about you?
Maybe I will look for a lime green Baggalini and put my username on a mickey head. I know they do that at WDW. Is that the way to do it at DL?

took

We'll be there on the 16th as well for my son's fourth birthday! We initially reserved HOJO but decided to switch to DLH.

Ok, this is crazy....we may be there on the 15th for my DD's 8th birthday! LOL If so I'll do the lime green Mickey thing too. LOL

I went in Dec '06 and stayed at Paradise pier from the 17th-21st (Sun-Thurs). It was busy, but not bad really, especially if you know all the ins and outs and know how to work the fastpasses. I don't think we waited in any lines longer than 45 minutes and that was only a few times during peak hours.

Hummmm.....

We went during the same time as you and practically never had to wait. :confused3 Except for the dreaded line at Peter Pan other than the EE days.

We rode PotC 3 times in a row one of the days without getting off and walked on to Indy everyday. :cool1:

The weather was great -- somewhat crisp to say but down right COLD at night especially sitting on the ground for the 10:30 show of F!. I still get chills thinking about it. I guess we might have the opposite in weather for our trip this weekend. Oh well... it Disneyland, beats the heck out of work any day!!!

Hummmm.....

The weather was great -- somewhat crisp to say but down right COLD at night especially sitting on the ground for the 10:30 show of F!. I still get chills thinking about it. I guess we might have the opposite in weather for our trip this weekend. Oh well... it Disneyland, beats the heck out of work any day!!!

We live in Alaska right now (we are moving to N. Cal.) . When it hits 40 above we break out the shorts and tank tops! :lmao:

Thanks a million!! April

Very busy. School is out for Christmas by this time so plan on heavy crowds until mid January.

Where in N Cali are you moving? It can be pretty chilly around here too. Not as cold as Alaska though. My Grandparents lived there for years (in Kenai) and I remember freezing when we visited from Oregon.

I've totally over researched this trip, and according to most LA school calendars I've looked at online, schools are not letting out until Christmas week; last day of school being Friday 12/21. Because Christmas and New Years both fall on Tuesday this year I don't think the crowds will start until the weekend before Christmas, the 21st or 22nd....at least I'm hoping. If anyone has other info please let me know!

Beale AFB is 2 hours away from my house...exactly! LOL Welcome to the warmth of CA!! It will be a big change after AK. When do you guys get here?

If I'm being too nosy just let me know, not trying to intrude, just being friendly. :)

Beale AFB is 2 hours away from my house...exactly! LOL Welcome to the warmth of CA!! It will be a big change after AK. When do you guys get here?

If I'm being too nosy just let me know, not trying to intrude, just being friendly. :)

WE should be there by Sept 6th. We are starting the drive on the 31st. 2850 miles with 3 kids:scared1: Disneyland is their reward if they survive:lmao:

Well, if you are driving you should be passing through my area...sort of. LOL It's a beautiful drive, if you go the right way. :) Enjoy it!! And if you pass through Suisun City off Highway 12 give me a wave as you pass through!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter