How are standby wait times since GP+?

It's noticeably longer in some, while not much in difference in others, which tells you which attractions probably shouldn't have LL in the first place.

Peter Pan being the most obvious. It's standby wait time has nearly doubled.

How about 7D? Has the SB line been affected?

I would agree that it had more of an effect on some. 7DMT, SDD, PP were the ones we noticed the most. LL for the popular rides had an impact. Didn't see it as much in the individual purchased LL.

It's noticeably longer in some, while not much in difference in others, which tells you which attractions probably shouldn't have LL in the first place.

Peter Pan being the most obvious. It's standby wait time has nearly doubled.
Are you basing this on the posted wait times on the App? Or are you actually in the park and walking through the lines and timing them and comparing those times to the posted wait times? The reason I ask is because I'm hearing people say that the posted wait times are inflated and that the actual wait time isn't nearly as long as the posted wait time. I'm just hoping to hear confirmation if this seems to be true or not.

I'm not in the parks, so my following comment is only based on watching the wait times in the App. Overall, the wait times started increasing after Oct 1st. I haven't really noticed that the wait times from Oct 1 to pre-Genie+ are that much different from post-Genie+, with the exception of the first couple of days after the release.

We were at WDW from Sept 27 - Oct 5th. The wait times that we experienced from Sept 27 - Oct 1 were quite a bit lower than those we experienced from Oct 2 - 4th. I know Sept is historically a slower month, but I think a lot of people waited to go to WDW until after the 50th anniversary celebration started. To those that were able to go in September of this year, they really had it good in regards to wait times! :)

I think some of the increased wait times can just be attributed to more people going to the parks now that the 50th anniversary celebration is in full-swing. Some of it might be attributed to Genie+. But I don't know if anyone (outside of the Disney number crunchers) will ever really know what causes the increased wait times.

We just got back home. Was in WDW Saturday and Sunday. Did MK, HS & Epcot.

Here are my observations:
Saturday morning:
Space Mountain:
Posted wait: 45 Min
Actual Wait: 17 minutes

Buzz Lightyear:
Posted wait: 10 Min
Actual Wait: none

Tomorrowland Raceway:
Posted wait: 10 Min
Actual Wait: About 10 minutes

We did some of the other rides later in the day. Wait times were less than posted, but I did not keep accurate track. But it was not crazy less.

On Sunday, we arrived (parkhopped) at Epcot about 5 minutes before 2:00 PM. They let us in. We were able to still join the virtual queue for Ratatouille. We were in boarding group 158. The line was not crazy long, probably about 20 to 25 minutes. That was at about 8:30 PM when we got on the line. As we were leaving, they were up to group 169 according to the sign. First time on the ride. Cute, but glad I did not pay $11 per person to ride it.

We were there during the week when Genie launched. In EPCOT and HS multiple days. Wait times pre Genie for standby were less then after Genie launched on many rides. However, the one constant was posted wait times were generally double or more than the real wait.

We haven't been down since last Oct but, in the past the posted wait time/app wait times vs the actual wait, the actual time in line was usually a little less than posted.. Following some of the many WDW info groups out there, it seems the difference between posted wait times and actual wait is far less on some rides in some cases 20-30 mins. My thoughts are, could the posted standby line wait times be increased on purpose to push a the new Genie+ Lighting Lane product?

I didn't notice any real difference in the inflated times pre and post rollout. They were about double on Sunday and Monday and the same Tuesday on out. Is this intentional to push people to use Genie +? Wouldn't surprise me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter