How are MB's shipped?

shyjade

DIS Veteran
Are MB's still shipped UPS or are they now mailed through the USPS?

I need to know if I should provide my mailing or street address. Last year I provided my mailing address (a PO box) and it was a huge mess. Trying to avoid that for our next trip.

Are MB's still shipped UPS or are they now mailed through the USPS?

I need to know if I should provide my mailing or street address. Last year I provided my mailing address (a PO box) and it was a huge mess. Trying to avoid that for our next trip.

My understanding is that it comes USPS now. Like you it has been a huge mess for me in trying to get my magic bands as my mailing address like you is also a PO box. I provided my street address and of course USPS does not recognize the street address...only PO box. UPS does not recognize the PO box only street address. And Fedex....well they don't recognize anything! My original order is stuck in the system and after several online chats and several calls, I finally got a cm that could help. He made a new expedited order for the magic bands which should arrive early next week. My fingers are crossed that it does! It shouldn't be so stressful to get these bands!!!! Wish I had everyone else's issue of receiving too many of them!

My understanding is that it comes USPS now. Like you it has been a huge mess for me in trying to get my magic bands as my mailing address like you is also a PO box. I provided my street address and of course USPS does not recognize the street address...only PO box. UPS does not recognize the PO box only street address. And Fedex....well they don't recognize anything! My original order is stuck in the system and after several online chats and several calls, I finally got a cm that could help. He made a new expedited order for the magic bands which should arrive early next week. My fingers are crossed that it does! It shouldn't be so stressful to get these bands!!!! Wish I had everyone else's issue of receiving too many of them!

I had a similar situation last year with UPS. I entered my street address and the (very small) town I live in. For USPS carrier delivery, the name of the town is actually something different than the town we live in, or where my PO is. UPS wouldn't recognize it and it took several weeks and calls to Disney, who was unable to help and tell me what the problem was. Finally I asked them to re-ship the bands to my street address but use the USPS mailing town and sure enough, the bands shipped and arrived a few days later. The worst part is Disney had no idea there was an issue and every time I called, I was told "I have no idea why they never shipped." Thank goodness I finally got a CM who was willing to help me figure out the problem.

I will got back in and change my shipping address to my PO box. Thanks!

Post Office - regular mail - stuffed in our mailbox

Actually - there was plenty of room in the mailbox. Those things hold a LOT more than we realize! :thumbsup2

I had a similar situation last year with UPS. I entered my street address and the (very small) town I live in. For USPS carrier delivery, the name of the town is actually something different than the town we live in, or where my PO is. UPS wouldn't recognize it and it took several weeks and calls to Disney, who was unable to help and tell me what the problem was. Finally I asked them to re-ship the bands to my street address but use the USPS mailing town and sure enough, the bands shipped and arrived a few days later. The worst part is Disney had no idea there was an issue and every time I called, I was told "I have no idea why they never shipped." Thank goodness I finally got a CM who was willing to help me figure out the problem.

I will got back in and change my shipping address to my PO box. Thanks!

I hope yours arrive with no issues this time around! Like you I live in a very small town....actually its a community within a town, but the community has it's own zip code and everything goes to the post office! It is such a pain! I'm 18 days away from my trip and my fingers are crossed that my bands will arrive next week like the CM that I worked with to create the new order told me.

I hope yours arrive with no issues this time around! Like you I live in a very small town....actually its a community within a town, but the community has it's own zip code and everything goes to the post office! It is such a pain! I'm 18 days away from my trip and my fingers are crossed that my bands will arrive next week like the CM that I worked with to create the new order told me.

Good luck to you, too! I'm grateful we still have our bands from last year if need be, although we are looking forward to new colors this year.

Just received ours from US Post Office yesterday. We received a notice from Disney when they shipped along with a tracking number. They arrived ahead of original schedule (but we were watching the tracking info and knew this would be the case). They arrived in a plain brown box (with the white Incredibles box inside.

They let you update your MBs up to 30 days prior. Then they're supposed to ship. We received notice that they shipped 29 days prior to arrival and received the bands yesterday, which was 26 days prior. I don't know if they all come from the same place but ours were shipped from Memphis, TN (we live in NY).

Well I'm BUMMED!!!! Just got off the phone this morning to check on the status of my Magic Bands and was told that they were shipped to the resort instead of me because of the address issues. It would have been nice if they would notify me about this! No email, no phone call and my Magic Band Order page still says they are being customized and will ship soon! Also, no Magic Band has been assigned to my account yet! This whole thing has been so frustrating! You read about everyone else getting them or getting to many and complaining! Here I live in a rural community and can't get them! Erg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!