Need tips on how to coordinate With Someone Cancelling an ADR I want!

TommyB

Earning My Ears
So recently I tried coordinating with someone cancelling an ADR that I was trying hard to get, (Space 220) but neither of us had some it before. I had the app open at the same time they cancelled it, I was searching for exactly what I needed to be searching for in that very instant and I could NOT get it. It never showed up.
So anyone have any hints on what the deal is? Does it take a bit to release? Or did it just get snatched up in less than a millisecond because space 220 is that ridiculous to get right now? Or were we just doing something wrong?

Sounds like you were doing it correctly to me. I recently successfully coordinated with one and it did take a few seconds for it to show up, but that’s about it. Just curious, was your party size identical?

Sounds like you were doing it correctly to me. I recently successfully coordinated with one and it did take a few seconds for it to show up, but that’s about it. Just curious, was your party size identical?
I had it set to 3 initially but the res she was cancelling was for four so I changed it almost immediately but maybe 🤷‍♂️😩

I just dropped one for Toppolino’s and someone else had the same experience in that they couldn’t see it pop up either. It makes me wonder what is going on with these.

I try to do it at night, after 9pm, when it's probably slower. During the day everyone is looking. I've had good success this way and the one time the other person said to do it late morning it didn't work.

I have good luck later in the evening. I message the person to make sure they are on and have the reservations page pulled up. I always recommend they set the desired party to the same number as the person dropping. Then, when they say they are ready, I tell them I'm going to drop. They may have to refresh a time or 2 but I've always been successful. Sometimes, though, it takes a few seconds to show up, other times it's almost immediate. Twice I grabbed the reservation back, then dropped it again.

Hi, I am planning my trip for 2-7 october and would like to check the the cancelled ADRs for that month when the 60+10 window is opened. I am following the august thread. When should I check for the october one? Sorry if it is a dumb question but I'm not sure how it works and do not.want to break any rule. Thanks for your support!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter