Housekeeping - All Stars Music

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by hswillia07, Sep 2, 2018.

1. hswillia07

hswillia07 DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I remember reading something about being able to choose to not have housekeeping and instead get $10 per night of your stay on a Disney gift card. Is this still available? Is it available at the All Stars resorts? Do I just request it when we arrive? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

2. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam Disney obsessed DVC Member/AP holder

I’m wondering the same. We arrive in 13 days at ASMU and are planning on declining it either way, but $10 a day would be better. If you don’t get an answer, I will let you know in 2 weeks :thumbsup2

hswillia07 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. hswillia07

hswillia07 DIS Veteran

Awesome, thank you! We're Canadian, so $10 US dollars a day adds up for us with the exchange rate!

5. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

It's available at the values and mods and it's $10 per night, not counting your 1st night.

wdw4rfam and hswillia07 like this.
  6. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

However there are several threads complaining about the new “Security Checks” especially in rooms that decline Housekeeping.
    Just be prepared

hswillia07 likes this.
  7. Momto2minniemice

Momto2minniemice Mouseketeer

They had a sign up at All Star Movie when I was there last month and even asked us when we checked in. We did opt into no housekeeping as we only stayed 2 nights. They emailed the $10 gift card to us. I did have to remember to use it while there. It would have been nice if they would have handed me the gift card, to make it easier to use. But that is just me! They were super nice when asking too.

hswillia07 and toonaspie like this.
  8. hswillia07

hswillia07 DIS Veteran

Great, thanks everyone!

9. wdw4rfam

I don’t mind security checks, just don’t want my stuff moved or messed with.

10. wdw4rfam

Just wanted to follow up- we checked in yesterday, in 4 separate rooms and none of us were offered it, but when we asked, it was given to us. We all had our gift cards emailed to us in about an hour or so. We are at ASMU.

hswillia07 and dansdad like this.
  11. Next_disney_princess

Next_disney_princess Earning My Ears

We like this option as well. Once you get your email go online and use the Disney gift card manager and combine it onto a physical gift card if that makes it easier for you.

hswillia07 likes this.
  12. hswillia07

hswillia07 DIS Veteran

Great, thanks so much for the feedback!

wdw4rfam likes this.