House of Blues- Dinner only- We need input!!!

Sister Scoop Disney

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in 13 days!!!!!!!! We are considering House of Blues, but we know nothing about it. Atmosphere, selections, portion size, reccommendations etc..... Please help us. Any info is wanted.. (only for dinner, though)

We haven't been either, but it always gets good reviews...and we are going in Dec. Have you checked out the menu at - www.wdwig.com - scroll down and click "menus". Everyone reports that the food is good and the portions are very large.

The HOB here in New Orleans is top notch. It certainly is much better than any of the other chain themed restaurant that popped up in the 90s.

Great sandwiches and the ribs are great as well. Oh and the cornbread with maple butter:p

CHeck it out...and stay for a show!

This was one of our favorite meals all week long at WDW!

The atmosphere is very casual. We really enjoyed the folk art in the restaurant too. We were seated out back on the patio where we had a great view of the water at night .It was very nice.

I had the ribs which were really,really good. If you haven't eaten southern food before you may ask for different side dishes as the ribs are served with mashed sweet potato and turnip greens. I myself loved the turnip greens, they were some of the best I've ever had! Very fresh.

DH had the Jambalya and of course I tried some it was delicious and quite spicy. Very yummy.

DS had the red beans and rice which was a huge portion served with an enormous piece of cornbread. This was also spicy but really good and he also loved his meal! We all tried a bite of his cornbread and wished we had ordered our own.

Now, I am getting really jealous because there's no HOB near me and I can almost taste those ribs!! By the way the ribs are properly slow smoked not just thrown on a bar-b-que and sauced.

We went about 8 o'clock and only waited about 10 min. for our table. I've heard others complain of very long waits at the regular dinner times. HOB does not take PS.

Enjoy!!!

Rooth

Whenever we are in the World we allways make time for a visit to HOB. Love the food, atmosphere and everything ! One time we were there for a late lunch and the waiter told us that there was a special guest coming for a private party and we were welcome to stay. Of course we lingered over our food dying of anticipation of who it could be. HOB has many celeb entertainers that perform there on certain nights. Check out hob.com and check out the schedule for the month and week you are there. Well anyways to our surprise in walks the Blues Brothers ! It was soooo cool ! They got up on the little stange and sang, danced they were fantastic. The best part was when the john belushi impersonater jumped off the stange grabbed my then 13 year old dd's hand and had her dancing away on the floor. needless to say we love it there ! Have a great time ! oh and if your planning on going to DQ while your there you might want to coincide the timing as they are very close.

I can recommend the Rosemary Chicken. Dined at HOB about 2 years ago, so I don't know if it is still on the menu. It was the most tender, moist chicken I ever had... could cut it with a fork.

HOB is fun-tastic! Everything on the menu is delicious.

Be warned -- their portions are HUGE! My DW and I ordered an appetizer and were amazed. There was enough food there for an ENTREE! Then the entrees came and we both felt that our 2 entrees could easily feed 4 people. (And I am a big eater!)

HOB doesn't skimp on portions and they definitely do not skimp on FLAVOR, either. My DW loved their meatloaf (it was a little spicy for me). I had a steak. Everything was great!

We eat here on every trip we take to WDW. It is one of our favorite restaurants. On our last trip last Nov. we even ate here twice. Give the cornbread a try it is great. House of Blues gets two thumbs up from us.

Definitely one of the better places to eat at DD--casual, good food, not too expensive Disney-wise, not crowded (early), interesting enough for young kids (atmosphere, crayons, etc.). Also, assuming this policy still holds, if you're staying at WDW and use an AmEx card to pay for the meal, you get a 10% discount.

We LOVE HOB! Went there two years ago - wanted to make it back last year...but alas..did not. So many other places to try!

I agree on the portions. We ordered three appetizers for six and had more than enough to go around. Then they split these huge salads up for everyone. Then the portions of the entrees - wow! And, of course, we just had to split three deserts between us. Needless to say, we waddled out of there and walked all over DD trying to burn some of that off.

Fun place, great food, good drinks. Hmmm....maybe we'll fit in a return trip this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter