Hotwire Hotels Problem!

Free4Life11

DIS Veteran
This doesn't really relate to Disney but I just don't know where else to post! I've been looking at hotels on Hotwire and they seem to have some good deals. Problem is, I know that a few hotels in the area (ORD) have 21+ age limits and I will only be 20 at the time of check-in. Well I checked Hotwire and can't find anything about an age limit!

Now I've gone to www.hotwire.com --> Customer Care --> Hotels --> Purchasing a Hotel Reservation --> "Purchasing for someone else, accepted methods of payment, minimum age requirement..."

Yet they don't say a thing about age requirements, at least I haven't seen one. I've checked all over the site and not seen any indication of an age limit. Also, when booking a hotel you have to choose the number of adults, and it says 18+ right next to that.

I emailed Hotwire and they said:
With Hotwire we do require you be at least twenty-one to complete a
booking as the primary guest. If you are nineteen and complete the
booking we would be unable to guarantee you would be able to use the
reservation. If you are denied you will not receive a refund or credit
because we do message the requirements. We work off of the same website
our customers do so we are unable to see the hotel and confirm the age
restriction prior to booking. You may want to try our sister site
Hotels.com. Click on the link below or copy and paste it into your
browser to visit their Web site.

Problem is I just can't find ANYTHING to indicate that there is an age limit. Maybe it's farther along in the reservation process?

Thanks so much! Grr...students are the ones who WANT cheap hotel rooms and we've got the hardest time getting them, LOL! I might consider trying Hotwire anyways.

Ive checked into hotels before and I am under 21. I havent had a problem. You are over the age of 18 and you have a credit card so I dont see the problem :flower:

Free4Life11 said:
Thanks so much! Grr...students are the ones who WANT cheap hotel rooms and we've got the hardest time getting them, LOL! I might consider trying Hotwire anyways.

Have you looked at www.studentuniverse.com? You do have to be a verified college student, but at least on airfare, they do have some good deals.

Hotwire leaves itself open to being charged back by the purchasers credit card company, should the hotel refuse the guest, because Hotwire does not have the 21 year old recommendation displayed prominently during the booking process.

Anyway, I don't recommend Priceline or Hotwire unless you make "insulting" bids as opposed to "fair" bids. There are too many unknowns such as resort fees that are not included in your bid.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

seashoreCM said:
Hotwire leaves itself open to being charged back by the purchasers credit card company, should the hotel refuse the guest, because Hotwire does not have the 21 year old recommendation displayed prominently during the booking process.

Anyway, I don't recommend Priceline or Hotwire unless you make "insulting" bids as opposed to "fair" bids. There are too many unknowns such as resort fees that are not included in your bid.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I completely agree with your first point.
If you use betterbidding.com and do your homework you can frequently identify the hotel with Hotwire. I had no problem with a non-insulting price when I was very confident I was booking the Dolphin with a small savings.

You're 100% correct with PL, particularly with the lower star ratings. Even some of the 2* hotels are adding resort fees and hotels you find on your own might offer a suite, mini-kitchen or even a free breakfast. If you're flexible you can still get resorts with "insulting" bids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter