Hotwire Club ?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by jersey, Jun 19, 2004.

1. jersey

jersey Earning My Ears

Anyone know how long you must wait before you can open(reopen) a new hotwire account ?

2. barb45

barb45 DIS Veteran

I'd like to know too. We're not going to Disney until March and I know now that these things have expiry dates on them. I'd like to look around the website and then sign up again later.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. twinscandc

twinscandc Have a Magical Day!

Can someone explain the Hotwire Savings Club deal to me?

Thanks!!

5. barb45

barb45 DIS Veteran

I'm really bummed out now. I just spent most of the day reading the "everything you wanted to know about meal vouchers" thread - ALL 34 pages. I got to about page 27 and found out that Canadians can't join! Boohoo. Anyway I will ask my son-in-law who works in the US to join for me (but that gets pretty confusing) and purchase for me if I decide to do that. It would still be nice to look around the website anyway.

6. gopherit

gopherit <font color=blue>I'm not in the book, you know.<br

I just joined Hotwire last month and have been very pleased thus far.

You sign up and first 30 days are free. With your 1st purchase you get $10 back, even. In the svaings club you have access to discount shopping (like 10-15% off at various on-line and retail stores). You can buy gift cards (most of these are in $25 denominations) and for each one you buy, you get $5 back -- so it's like saving 20%! I just bought 3 Circuit City cards and used all three together to buy a computer monitor for my son -- the monitor had a $50 rebate, plus it was like getting another 20% off the price after that! You can buy up to 15 cards per merchant per year. Merchants include Kmart, Target, ToysRUs, Ciruit City, Barnes Noble, Borders and a few others; restaurants include Outback, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bennigans, and a few others... As for theme park stuff, we bought 8 Sevenday Park Hopper Plus passes -- the adult price was only 302.90, that's the cheapest rate I've found yet! And NO SHIPPING cost. We got them like 6 days after I ordered them -- verrrry nice! They also sell the vouchers -- I am about to order some Q&C and b'fast vouchers today. Q&C are 11.50; b'fast vouchers are 18.25. I will be saving our family about $45 in just the b'fast vouchers alone! So far I am just NOT seeing the downside to this! Now I will remind you -- after that 30 day period, Hotwire does have a fee. But they are not sneaky about it. In fact I just got an email reminding me that i was about to enter the "Fee Zone" so to speak! THe fee is 7.95 (or is it 7.99? Can't remember) each month. Well, I figure if I buy 2 gift cards, there, it's paid for, anything else is gravy! DH sees it differently -- he thinks I should get all our trip vouchers, buy up some gift cards for xmas, then get all of our $5 rebates credited back...then drop 'em like a rock. Whatever. That's his way of doing things, I guess. You make the call for yourself!

7. Jennylen

Jennylen Mouseketeer

I'd like to know that too. I might have to cancell and re-join later time due to shipping problem. Program provides fairly good savings.

8. psupple

psupple WDW Lover

This seems like a decent club to join. Do the 7 day park hopper passes include the 4 plus options? I always thought Ticket Mania had the best prices, but Hotwire beats them by $28...not a bad deal!

Are the VKL vouchers $31? I definitely want to buy at least one for the Rainforest Cafe for DH and I to split.

Thanks for the info!

9. extremesoccermom

extremesoccermom DIS Veteran

We found the vouchers to be a great deal and have decide to keep our membership for at least a few months. I found a camcorder that I want for Christmas so I have started buying $50.00 worth of GC each month along with Kmart and Target, Red Lobster, Planet Hollywood and I will be buying GC for all my nieces and nephew for B-days and Christmas, especially the teens - Movie Tickets (AMC) 4.50 each and dinner GC they will enjoy that.
    We used the Q&C vouchers as well as VKL vouchers and ate very well.
    At Rainforest my 9 year old was able to order off the adult menu and share with me.
    We had the Cha-Cha Chime appt, Steak and Lobster, Soda and Volcano. (DH and DS also used the adult voucher - that's how we were able to get the volcano). They had chicken wings, Steak and Lobster, Soda and Souvioner Cup with Rainbow Icee (which I expected to pay for but the server said it was all covered)