Hotels w/good transpo to WDW

grad_dis_nut

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me....I am wondering which of the offsite hotels has decent shuttle service to the MK?

DH and I are sending his sister's fiance to WDW to surprise her, but he will not have a car and isn't very "Disney-savvy" so we want to make sure it's easy for him to access the park that morning to surprise his fiance at the gate when she arrives!
(I know that if I book at an on-site resort, this problem becomes infinitely easier, but we are trying to NOT break the bank, and since he only arrives at about 10PM the night before, it seems like a waste).

i was going to book the Radisson with the Mousesavers price, but from what I could tell, the shuttle service was very limited.

I would appreciate any help you can provide!

Second to Disney, the downtown disney hotels have the best bus service.

What about a room at the Allstars?

good luck,

herc.

What are your dates? There's some great rates in DTD late August through September, and about that time the rates at Allstars will probably be decent (decent=under $70). I agree with herc, next to a resort, DTD transportation is as good as it gets.

Pat

hercamore,

Just curious about your post, you say "Second to Disney, the downtown disney hotels have the best bus service." But if you look on the transportation thread, they have people like Tyler the bus driver saying dd hotels transportation sucks. It really is confussing, but thanks for the info.

Good Day

I think folks saying DTD buses "suck" is a little harsh. When it gets down to it, they do tend to be on time, they do tend to have room for everyone, and they do tend to go where they're supposed to. In most respects, they are second to Resort transportation. That may not be saying much, but I still agree with the statement.

They come after half hour (less for AK). And they stop at every blessed DTD hotel and every park and attraction. That makes them a long trip. As one who's used Resort Transportation, DTD Transportation, Off-site transportation, and my own car, I'll take my own car everytime, and Resort transportation second. But yeah, be it ever so humble, DTD transporation is next in line.

One man's opinion.

Pat

Thanks for your replies. DH and I are weighing two options at this point:

1. Having him rent a car and stay at an offsite hotel (takes care of airport transportation as well as park transportation, and for one day, is definitely cheaper than a towncar).

2. Getting the towncar or shuttle and sending him to All-Stars so he doesn't have to worry about park transportation in the morning. (This is in early June, and I think there are some codes for $75..but I think they expire in like 2 days--eek!)

Anyway, just thinking aloud but I appreciate any comments or suggestions!

Thanks, as always, for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter