Hotels near USH?

megandgarr

Mouseketeer
Hi, we will be going at the end of April and going to the park for 2 days (first trip) and will most likely get the Costco AP. I am looking for hotel recommendations. I do not necessarily need walking distance so I would love recs on both walking and driving distance, preferably clean, safe and not terribly expensive.
Thanks!

I've only stayed at the walking distance ones, Hilton and Sheraton. Both are acceptable. We heard constant freeway traffic when we stayed at Hilton, but there are rooms on the other side that are probably quieter. Hilton is pricey and charges a ton for parking, but it is walking distance and there is a shuttle, too. I have Hilton honors, so I didn't pay for room and got free breakfast, but I'd probably stay there again if I had to pay because it is so convenient.

It's been a very long time since I've stayed at the Sheraton. It was very nice the times I did stay there. It's further down the hill, so the walk to park is all up hill. They probably have a shuttle, too. I never used the shuttle because it is so close.

Sportsmen's Lodge and The Garland have free shuttles. There are others, mostly motels, but most people stay at the ones at Universal or the other 2 with shuttles.

I suggest The Garland or BLVD Hotel. Both are safe, clean and not terribly expensive.

In my experience the BLVD in Hollywood is a lot better experience than the one that's closer to the park. I'd price both, you may get a better deal at one or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!