Hotels near UO/IOA. Any suggestions?

aberrydisneygirl

I love Disney
Anyone have any good suggestions/experiences for nice but inexpensive hotels near IOA/UO.. I have seen some from $35 a night to about $60 a night (don't really want to go over the $60) but never been to that area and I don't know anything about these hotels. Looking at possibly Comfort inn or La Quinta? but Howard Johnson looks inepensive and close. Just not sure I want to trust the reviews and pics on their websites. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.:flower3:

I woulD like to know about the la Quinta by universal too.

We just need one night before we check in to RPR.
We have stayed at other la quintas and have enjoyed them, so hope this one isn't too bad.

Would to to hear about others opinions, too.

Thanks for asking this questions. :thumbsup2

Since I go pretty often I don't stay onsite in expensive hotels at Disney or Universal very often so I usually end up staying on International Drive towards the Sea World/Convention center area most of the time with some hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area occasionally.Like if I told you I've stayed in 70% of the hotels on International Drive south of Sand lake rd I wouldn't be kidding.I usually use Hotwire,Priceline name your own price and Travelocity with their super secret hotels paired with betterbidding.com to get an idea of what hotel you might get.I'm doing two trips this month and paid $29 and $32 per night for the hotels I got,one is the Ramada on Jamaican ct,which amazingly I've never stayed at before,the other is the Quality suites on Turkey Lake rd which used to be a Comfort Suites for years and just changed recently.That hotel I think I've stayed at more than any other,probably a good 15-20 times.I've also gotten much more expensive hotels on Hotwire and Priceline,hotels like the Rosen Shingle Creek,Rosen Centre,the new Hilton next to the convention center for like $55-$65,in my next trip in November or December I'm going to try to get the Peabody which I've never stayed at before,I've seen it on these sites for like $89 as it's considered a 4 star so maybe before Christmas I'll see if I can get it.When I go for the marathon in January that's a more mandatory Disney hotel stay for the transportation to and from.

We stayed at Holiday Inn & Suites Maingate to Universal. Very clean nice hotel that had shuttle service. You could walk to the parks but it is a kind of scary experience as there is a major busy road to cross. A cab ride is about $5.00.

We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival.

The pool area is nice and there is a restaurant and small gift shop on the premisis.

The hotel is being upgraded so there is some construction going on but i never noticed it.

I booked my trip through Universal so I am not sure how much just the hotel alone would be.

I didn't have a car but it is free parking. I heard a few places charge for parking which is nuts!

Thanks for the tips/suggestions. I looked at Doubletree, and it would be nice to be right accross the st. from Universal, but I did not like the $15 a day parking and when I looked it was $99 a night. I do like most of the Holiday Inn's I have stayed in and like that they have free parking, but when looking on the bargain websites the Holiday Inn was not coming up. I will have to keep checking different sights. We are still not sure if we want to drive to Universal and park, or take a shuttle, but it would be nice to now that a shuttle is avail. at some of the hotels.
thanks again!!!

We stayed at a Travelodge on American Way, just a few minutes from US, a few years ago that was down right AWFUL! I'm not even sure if it is still there but I can suggest that you do NOT stay there

I've stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center at 8504 Universal Blvd a few times. It's cheap ($49-$79 a night) clean, safe and has a free cont breakfast. No parking or resort fees. In a decent/safe area. I would say it's about a 10 minute drive to Universal. You must have a car if you stay here. It's way too far to walk.

We just went for a long weekend and found a 3 bedroom condo on Trip Advisor for $59/night. It was clean and very very close to Universal on Conroy Ave. Maybe a 5 minute drive. The condo itself had a nice pool right outside the door. If you want more info or have any questions pm me. It was the owners first time renting and the condo needs a few upgrades in order to compete in the vacation rental market but it was as nice as any hotel room with alot more space.

I bid and won the Holiday Inn Maingate Universal thru Priceline for $40 total per night. We loved it !! walked right across the street the Universal.

:flower3:How far in advance should I book a room? We will be there in March. Thanks. This is just the info I was looking for!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter