Hotels near Port Canaveral

LilMsMidleton

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We are thinking of staying near the port so we don't have to rent and park our car during the cruise and just take an uber or taxi from a hotel/ Air Bnb / resort. Any recommondation? Thanks

Hi everyone! We are thinking of staying near the port so we don't have to rent and park our car during the cruise and just take an uber or taxi from a hotel/ Air Bnb / resort. Any recommondation? Thanks

We loved Homewood Suites in Cocoa Beach. Nice big rooms. Good breakfast included. They have a shuttle to the ports too. We didn't use it, so I don't know how good it is or if you pay to use it, but there were about a dozen people waiting for it when we left for the port and it looked like a good option if you don't have a car. Many people there were fellow Disney cruisers, so the breakfast had a happy buzz to it, as we were all excited for the day. Lot's of fun.

We loved Homewood Suites in Cocoa Beach. Nice big rooms. Good breakfast included. They have a shuttle to the ports too. We didn't use it, so I don't know how good it is or if you pay to use it, but there were about a dozen people waiting for it when we left for the port and it looked like a good option if you don't have a car. Many people there were fellow Disney cruisers, so the breakfast had a happy buzz to it, as we were all excited for the day. Lot's of fun.
Thank's :) I'll check it out

We normally stay at the Radisson Resort @ The Port. It's just me and DW, no kids. We don't need a lot of frills, just a place to sleep the night before the cruise.
It does this. They have a park and stay package that offers shuttle to and from the port.

We have stayed a couple of times at the Radisson for the night and liked it. We had the park and stay package the last time so upon return they held our luggage and we spent the day at the pool before our late night flight home.

We stayed at the four points by Sheraton Cocoa Beach. Very nice comfortable hotel, just across the street from ihop and Walgreens. A few minutes walk to the beach. They have a shuttle to the port which if I remember was something like $6 per person.

On my first cruise, we stayed at a Cocoa Beach hotel before a cruise, but only had time to check in and out of hotel with no time to enjoy the breach.

For the second cruise, we found it more convenient to stay at airport hotel, drive out to the port the next morning, and turn in the rental car.

I'd only stay at Cocoa Beach again if I had an extra day to spend at the beach.

-Paul

We loved Homewood Suites in Cocoa Beach. Nice big rooms. Good breakfast included. They have a shuttle to the ports too. We didn't use it, so I don't know how good it is or if you pay to use it, but there were about a dozen people waiting for it when we left for the port and it looked like a good option if you don't have a car.

We used the shuttle - it was $5/person and we had 3 departure times to choose from. Totally where I will stay again next time...soon...right?

For our past few cruises, we have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach and would recommend it. https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/co...tbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU= Since we fly in two nights in advance, this is the perfect place for us. There is a short path right to the beach, plenty of restaurants and shops nearby, and a free breakfast (not sure how it is being done currently). The rooms are nice and they have a good sized pool which our kids enjoy.

We have stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott a couple of times. Larger rooms with kitchen. Free breakfast. Have a shuttle as well as park and cruise packages.
Before moving to FL this was our pre-cruise choice too.

Thanks everyone! I think they all look great. We decided on the Hampton Inn . So excited

Not quite what you were asking, but if you want to grab breakfast before your cruise, take a look at “Simply Delicious” in Cocoa.

Kevin & John recommended this place years ago, and for us, it is, by far, the best cruise tip we’ve ever picked up from the podcast. Just our opinion, it’s a far better way to kick off embarkation day than the Hampton Inn free breakfast.

Be warned, though - it’s really small. Lines form early and quickly, even without social distancing mandates for table spacing. Hopefully, by the time you cruise, such concerns will be moot. 🤞

So I’d like to find a hotel near port that offers shuttle from airport to the resort. Anyone have any recommendations? I bought ground transportation from Disney when I scheduled my cruise, but I think if I could find a hotel that would provide transportation from airport to hotel/to the port/back to airport, that would be cheaper. and easier.

So I’d like to find a hotel near port that offers shuttle from airport to the resort. Anyone have any recommendations? I bought ground transportation from Disney when I scheduled my cruise, but I think if I could find a hotel that would provide transportation from airport to hotel/to the port/back to airport, that would be cheaper. and easier.
When we first looked for hotels and transportation, we found that it was cheaper to arrange the transportation separately from the hotel as there were 5 of us. In addition, we wanted 2 nights and the times for the shuttle didn't work for our preferred flights. However, if you are interested, you can check out the following site which has hotel/transportation packages. Port Canaveral Cruise Hotels with MCO Airport Shuttles | Go Port

Not quite what you were asking, but if you want to grab breakfast before your cruise, take a look at “Simply Delicious” in Cocoa.

Kevin & John recommended this place years ago, and for us, it is, by far, the best cruise tip we’ve ever picked up from the podcast. Just our opinion, it’s a far better way to kick off embarkation day than the Hampton Inn free breakfast.

Be warned, though - it’s really small. Lines form early and quickly, even without social distancing mandates for table spacing. Hopefully, by the time you cruise, such concerns will be moot. 🤞
Just got back after Snowbirding 3 months (first time ever) in Cocoa Beach. Had a wonderful time and hope to do it again.
We ate at tiny Simply Delicious 5 times along with other excellent (seafood) places. Another great restaurant place is Southern Charm.....very close to the Port.

3 Disney cruise ships were parked outside our condo ocean window the entire time and saw a space launch from the beach.
Went to Port Canaveral many times to go to the restaurants.

if cruising, Cocoa Beach is perfect to stay.
Walking distance to so many things.
And then, of course, there’s Ron Jon. Oh I love that store so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter