Hotel ?

jaylensmom

Mouseketeer
I'm new to DW planning...I have no idea where to start or what I should be researching first. So I've decided to start researching hotels first. There will be 5 of us...me, DS6, my sister, and my parents. I was actually considering a 2 bedroom suite vs 2 standard rooms. Any recommendations?

If you are wanting a 2 bedroom, look at the villas. My favorite is Boardwalk, more then anything it's bec of the location. It's within walking distance to 2 of the parks, Epcot and HS. Plus the boardwalk at night is very nice.

It depends on your budget....

There are 4 different levels of Resorts... Value, Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa's.

The Value Resorts are your basic room, but done up Disney Style. :) The different themes and larger than life icons immerses you in everything Disney. All Star Music also has the Family Suites for larger families and it includes a small kitchenette. Where as the regular rooms you would need to reserve two standard rooms and if you want a fridge either try to get into the fridge swap or you would have to pay for a fridge. The pools are themed well, but are your basic pool...no slides or hot tubs. The food courts are nice and run smoothly considering how many people they serve each day.

The Moderate Resorts are the biggest bang for your buck in my honest opinion. CBR has the largest rooms of any other Moderate or Value Resorts. Again, you would need to reserve two rooms, but you WILL want the extra bathroom for everyone to get ready to head off to the parks in the morning. Moderate Resort rooms have a fridge and coffee pot in the rooms. Two of the Moderate Resorts CBR and CSR have their own bus system that does not share with any other resort. CBR has the best main pool and each island has their own quiet pool. The food court at CBR is much better than any other food court that I have seen with so many different types of food, made fresh and plenty of room to seat everyone. Moderate Resorts also offer one sit down restaurant as well.

The Deluxe Resorts are all about location, location, location! They also have indoor halls which can be both good as well as bad...the bad being that noises carry in hallways more so than outside corridors. Most of the Deluxe Resorts would hold your family in one room just fine. It may be close quarters, but is definitely doable. The snack bars are smaller and not as many different offerings as the Value and Moderate Resorts, but they do have fabulous sit down restaurants. The themeing and landscaping is over the top gorgeous. The transportation from the Deluxe Resorts are definitely the best for at least One Park, but when you do have to get on a bus to get to the further parks it can be a hassle at times as they do share their buses with other Deluxe Resorts.

The Deluxe Villa's are the most expensive, but gives you more room to move around in. You may want to look into renting points from a DVC member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter