Hotel room breakfast and packable lunches for picky teen.

Dustykins

Mouseketeer
My son's band is marching at Disney World in March so my daughter (14 then) and I are going along to watch and also spend about a week at Disney/Universal. We usually go in September so spring break prices and crowds are a bit higher than we're used to. I'd like to save some time and money by bringing (we're driving, but we can also shop in FL) breakfast for the room and lunch to pack for the parks. I'm a little stuck, though on what. She's a little picky and also has some dietary restrictions (she's supposed to avoid dairy, fatty foods, caffeine, chocolate, spicy food). For me, I'd do cereal and sandwiches and chips, but she only occasionally eats cereal and almost never eats bread (also, my son will be joining us for the last couple of days after the rest of the band leaves and he can't even be in the same room as someone eating cereal). Any ideas of easy hotel room breakfast or things we can take into the parks for lunch?

My son's band is marching at Disney World in March so my daughter (14 then) and I are going along to watch and also spend about a week at Disney/Universal. We usually go in September so spring break prices and crowds are a bit higher than we're used to. I'd like to save some time and money by bringing (we're driving, but we can also shop in FL) breakfast for the room and lunch to pack for the parks. I'm a little stuck, though on what. She's a little picky and also has some dietary restrictions (she's supposed to avoid dairy, fatty foods, caffeine, chocolate, spicy food). For me, I'd do cereal and sandwiches and chips, but she only occasionally eats cereal and almost never eats bread (also, my son will be joining us for the last couple of days after the rest of the band leaves and he can't even be in the same room as someone eating cereal). Any ideas of easy hotel room breakfast or things we can take into the parks for lunch?

We go often and do this often.

Breakfast I pack yogurt, fruit (bananas, grapes, apples), bagel, muffin, cream cheese, breakfast bars, oj in box juice cartons. We will also pack fruit cups, applesauce, and pasta salad for in room sandwich which we sometimes do at night.

Lunch we pack firm rolls, turkey, ham, cheese, pickles, mustard. Tubes of Pringles don't get smashed but also pack baggies and goldfish, pretzels.

We keep it to buying one meal a day in the parks.

Last edited:
all great suggestions above. Disney is very good about allowing food. put ice in zip lock bag to keep things cool. loose ice not permitted.

all great suggestions above. Disney is very good about allowing food. put ice in zip lock bag to keep things cool. loose ice not permitted.

If you have a regular fridge/freezer we freeze water bottles. I put two in a big zip lock (condensation) and then wrap under our lunch and keeps is very cool. Then we drink with lunch and lose the weight in backpack.

Couple of things I’ll add to list of options that I’ve done:
Hard boiled eggs
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Tuna salad kits
Hummus
Pastas in a can with pop top lids
Lunchables or other prepackaged meat, cheese, and cracker trays

Because the little refrigerators at the WDW resorts aren’t great, I try to keep the number of items that need to be kept cold down.

Frozen tube yogurts serve as a good ice pack as well, and they melt in a few hours so you can eat them normally.

Hi
Dairy, fatty foods, caffeine, chocolate, spicy foods are also something I have to avoid.
I will say that my go to place is usually Starbucks (one in every Park & Disney Springs has 2) to pick up a few protein boxes.

I also pick up or order from Walmart (here is my shopping list)
:fresh veggies &dip
:snack crackers/ rice crisps
:small portion packs of peanut butter /jam/honey (sometimes I just bring these from home).
: mini cans of tuna (peel top lid) white albacore
:bananas, grapes (freeze them) ,,sometimes it's worth it to just buy a fruit platter.
:mini croissants
:mini pretzels/snack popcorn/chips
:granola bars
:humus packs
:Hot Oatmeal packs
:Trail Mix
:Mixed nuts
: Avocado mini cups
:Pickles
: Mini baguette crisps
: Crispy Minis
: Croutons
: 8 Pack Variety mini cereals

I used to order Pringles but came to realize the Fat content in them is too high for me.

I hope you have a wonderful Holiday
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter