Hotel room at 7 mos

kbeam

Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise.
Has anyone had difficulty reserving the hotel room cat at 7 mos?

Oh no, that's not good. What month was this?

August last year. We booked in late November and actually had to do a split stay because there were only island view studios available for a portion of our stay. We originally wanted a hotel room if we could get it and then tried standard view which was only available for half the stay. Aulani was really good with letting us move from one room to the other, they kept our things with bell services for the few hours when we moved between the two rooms. We actually had done a similar thing two years before and were able to move directly from one room to the other. (just fyi in case you are able to book the hotel room you are looking at for a couple of nights and then a studio for the remainder)

We had no problem getting a 1-bedroom water view for February at the 7 month mark.

I would say that would be pretty hard, but I suppose it all depends on your travel dates and if they are fixed or flexible. We are going during a popular week (resort is sold out) and I could not get anything at the 7 month mark. There were some rooms and views for part of our stay available, but not for the entire week.

I would say that would be pretty hard, but I suppose it all depends on your travel dates and if they are fixed or flexible. We are going during a popular week (resort is sold out) and I could not get anything at the 7 month mark. There were some rooms and views for part of our stay available, but not for the entire week.

What week was that?!?!

What week was that?!?!

Week of Feb 20th - president's day week. We tried at 7 mos and there were some rooms/some views available toward the end of the week. I tracked the hotel via the website and Costco Travel for a couple months after we booked and watched room categories change to "call for availability" to now nothing shows up at all and tells you to enter new dates. I'm assuming that means the resort is completely booked. Oye...

I could not. The cheapest I could get was the island garden view for June. (3 years in a row)

Week of Feb 20th - president's day week. We tried at 7 mos and there were some rooms/some views available toward the end of the week. I tracked the hotel via the website and Costco Travel for a couple months after we booked and watched room categories change to "call for availability" to now nothing shows up at all and tells you to enter new dates. I'm assuming that means the resort is completely booked. Oye...

So, both the actual hotel rooms itself, as well as DVC rooms were all booked up by 7mo?! We are looking at July 2018, and we are very scared! Its a family trip for my parents 50th anniversary. My mom really wants to see Hawaii before she isn't able to travel (she will be 75 in 2018).

We need 2 studios and a 2bd! Ugh. Any advice?!

July is pretty busy, are you renting DVC or do you own? Or are you looking at a straight reservation through Disney? If you are not doing a DVC ressie you will be fine. If you are doing DVC I would suggest getting extra points and booking before the 7 month mark if you have specific dates in mind. I think the earliest you can do it is 11 months but I might be wrong. I have only ever rented points through Davids DVC. From my first experience and from info on these boards I knew summer was going to be crazy busy and if I wanted consecutive nights I would have to try before 7 months.

So, both the actual hotel rooms itself, as well as DVC rooms were all booked up by 7mo?! We are looking at July 2018, and we are very scared! Its a family trip for my parents 50th anniversary. My mom really wants to see Hawaii before she isn't able to travel (she will be 75 in 2018).

As the above poster said, 7 mos will only be a challenge if you are trying for DVC rooms. I second the suggestion to spend the extra points to reserve before 7 months if you want to stay on points. If staying on cash, then you will be fine after the 7 month point. We booked our cash reservation at 6 months out and there was plenty of availability for all rooms, all views. In fact, we booked direct through Aulani and then they came out with a winter special that was much cheaper and we canceled the first reservation and booked again with the package. I don't know the min amount for a group reservation, but if you will be celebrating with some kind of party on-site and need multiple rooms, contact their group line to inquire. We are going again for a wedding and they secured fantastic group rates for their wedding guests.

Has anyone had difficulty reserving the hotel room cat at 7 mos?
We booked at exactly 7 months out for the week of July 7-14. (this coming summer) I was really worried it would be tough to get but we were able to book a 1-BR Pool view villa for the whole week and my SIL was able to book a 2-BR Oceanview villa with no problems! I know it is controversial but you can always "walk" your reservation if you are that concerned. Good luck!

I think they are referring to the hotel rooms available for DVC points. I just booked end of july 1 br O/V for 5 nights at 7 mos no problem. I even snagged Grand Californian for 3 nights on the way.
You should be fine...Points are extremely high then.....just get on computer at 8am at 7mos and you should be fine.
Kerri

It depends for when. In Sept I still see hotel rooms avail for DVC... it looks appealing at 160 pts vs 440 points for the 1br pool view villa we're considering lol

I would say it's possible but don't count on DVC Hotel Room at 7 mo. We're at 8 months and we couldn't get the hotel room and had to get a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter