Hotel restaurants -busy? Disney springs?

Anabelletoronto

Mouseketeer
We have one TS reservation per day for our trip in November. I have timed out about an hour for those meals.
How long would we have to wait for buffets at our hotel? We are staying at POR and plan to eat breakfast at our hotel some days and probably dinner there on other days.

If we wanted to go to Disney springs without a reservation, are we going to be able to walk in and wait 20min or less for a table? We are a party of 3.

Last edited:
No buffet or TS restaurant at POFQ. Do you mean quick serve/fast food? If so, it depends on time of day.

I don't think you will be able to get a table at a Disney springs restaurant in 20 minutes without an ADR.

I was meaning without an ADR. It is so annoying that you can't just catch a meal spontaneously. But I get it.
I just think we will leave the parks early one day and therefore need dinner elsewhere. I don't know what time we will leave the park or whether we will be hungry and if we will feel like going out or getting pizza.

Last edited:

I think your estimation of how long it's going to take for your restaurants is too short. A reservation does not mean that you'll be seated at reservation time. Th. I say we will generally be waiting 5 to 10 minutes, and then service varies depending on the restaurant, I would assume it would take an hour and a half per meal

As for walk ups at Disney springs, if you go at off peak times it's very easy to do. In the evenings however it can be rather difficult.

Last edited:
A party of 3 will be a bit easier. Still a bit hard without an ADR but if you are not picky about which restaurant, you might be ok. Last year I was there at in mid march and Disney Springs was packed. I tried walking into the Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck (the signature place) at opening and was told no tables. I hopped on the app, found an open ADR for shortly afterwards and booked it. Went straight back to the hostess table and was seated immediately.

Later that same trip, we found ADRs for about 3-4 places at Disney Springs. None were super appealing so we hopped on a boat over to the Turf Club, which had plenty of ADRs available and had a lovely meal.

And of course, DS has awesome QS places so u have plenty of choices.

Another idea is to just make your ADR at least a couple of hours before. Also, many DS restaurants use Open Table (then u don't have to worry about cancellation fees). Last September, I went on Open Table and got a Raglan Rd ADR for just 2 hours later.

I think all the restaurants in Disney Springs are on Open Table (not entirely sure, but if not all most are). I would only use this to make a reservation there. It will have more times and flexibility. There is no fee for not showing up and you could cancel right before day of. When I went to Boathouse I was changing the time of our reservation as we took the bus over. It had plenty to choose from, while the Disney website had nothing available.

I think all the restaurants in Disney Springs are on Open Table (not entirely sure, but if not all most are). I would only use this to make a reservation there. It will have more times and flexibility. There is no fee for not showing up and you could cancel right before day of. When I went to Boathouse I was changing the time of our reservation as we took the bus over. It had plenty to choose from, while the Disney website had nothing available.

Not all are on Open Table - but many are. Always worth checking there first.

Good to know about using Open Table. I was not aware that was an option at Disney Springs. Can Open Table be used for WDW resorts and theme parks?

Thanks in advance for responses to above questions.

And do keep in mind that you can find an ADR like ones before me have mentioned...I would hop on open table and the Disney app to see what openings you might be able to snag a an hour or so in advance....or even shorter!

Good to know about using Open Table. I was not aware that was an option at Disney Springs. Can Open Table be used for WDW resorts and theme parks?

Thanks in advance for responses to above questions.

No - only some (not all) restaurants in Disney Springs. Check open table first and then check the Disney app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter