Hotel Question

princessoftravel

Earning My Ears
Can anyone recommend a hotel in San Diego? It will be myself and my dd7 going and we will be going to the zoo, sea world and the beach. Is there any hotel close to the beach and near the zoo and sea world?? Thanks

We have only stayed in San Diego once (just last month actually), and we loved this hotel:

http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/e...o-Airport-Liberty-Station-California/index.do

This is a perfect location if you will have a car and don't mind driving 10-20 minutes to get places. It was a short drive to Balboa Park where the zoo is located. Although we didn't go to Seaworld, I noted that it was one freeway exit away from where we were staying.

Bump - I would love to hear more suggestions too. We are SPG and Marriott rewards members and would like to stay on points.

In one month from today we will be in California! :banana:We are staying 3 nights at HOJO and 7 nights at Best Western Island Palms on Shelter Island. I will let you know how we like it.

Bump - I would love to hear more suggestions too. We are SPG and Marriott rewards members and would like to stay on points.

There are some Marriott properties in downtown SD. The Marriott by the Convention Ctr. is close to the Gaslamp and Seaport Village.There is also another Marriott & a Courtyard in the Gaslamp but the CC Marriott has a great pool area.

ncc1701 said:
There are some Marriott properties in downtown SD. The Marriott by the Convention Ctr. is close to the Gaslamp and Seaport Village.There is also another Marriott & a Courtyard in the Gaslamp but the CC Marriott has a great pool area.

Thanks. I will look at those. We are traveling now and have decided that Courtyard is a great fit for our family. I think now we're leaning toward Courtyard Liberty Station. We are mostly interested in being on the water and convenient to sea world and the Zoo. Downtown really hold no interest for us since we want to relax with our little ones.

We're heading there in two weeks. We booked the Best Western Mission Bay...got a decent price. It's a short drive to SW and it's close to Mission Bay. The info says you can walk to the bay from the hotel...who knows what that means though!!! We are heading to a wedding party beach party, on the bay, so will get our beach time there!!!
Now, to find some decent places to grab a bite to eat!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter