Hotel Pools Closed in Early November?

disneyfanatic60

DIS Veteran
I am being treated to a trip to Las Vegas on 11/9. I have never been there and can't wait. I was hoping to get some time at the pool but someone told me the hotels close their pools for the winter months by the end of October. Is this true? I know the temps will only be in the low 70's or near 70 but we were hoping for a warm day or two that we could just chill by the pool. We are staying at the Tahiti Village and they have a nice lazy river we were hoping to take advantage of.

Pools in Vegas are weird. They are fairly restrictive on hours. Some are closed in the winter.

Sohis may be true, because LV does get too cool to swim and they don't heat a lot of the pools. I don't know anyone who has stayed at Tahiti village much less in November to ask. I would call the hotel itself and ask.

If they are closed you might see about getting a pass to use the pool at Mandalay bay. It has a beach with waves, and a smalll azy river. If you wonder pool hopping is not allowed and many pools check room keys for access.

I've been going to Vegas regularly for years and I have never seen a pool closed for the winter. We've stayed at Mirage, Paris, Caesars, Venetian, Sahara, Circus Circus and Bellagio. I've never stayed at Tahiti Village though. Many close at 5pm and you will most likely be swimming alone but they should be open.

Some properties have huge pool areas that can rotate what is closed, so one option is still open all winter. When I worked at Mandalay Bay, they would leave one small pool open, and drain everything else (wave pool, lazy river, etc) for painting and maintenance. This was usually done by late October.

November can be cold in Las Vegas. You may find yourself sitting by your pool in a track suit, which I've seen many times at all three strip properties where I've worked - guests that want so badly to sit at a pool, they do it in sweats or wrapped in a blanket. But for many, it was warmer than wherever they traveled from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!