Hotel New York - Art of Marvel - Review

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
**I was going to post this on the hotel review section but I can see it's been closed**

We stayed here for the first time, lol (been to the ‘old’ hotel 12 times…) for 2 nights, Tuesday 18 – Thursday 20 October 2022, 4 adults.

I booked using the official Disneyland Paris website and the only rooms available were Garden View rooms. I’d also downloaded the official app and checked in prior to our stay, printing documents for each of us to save time when checking in.

We arrived by car and our luggage was taken by the bell service and would be transferred to our room shortly after it was allocated. This is the entrance from the car park side.

IMG_6892.JPG

We were blown away with the lobby area.

IMG_6668.JPG

IMG_6667.JPG

IMG_6895.JPG

IMG_E6666.JPG

Reception was quiet and we were given our Magic passes which are the tickets to the park and also room key. I understand if you have meal plan or any other extras they’re also loaded onto this card. A great improvement, no need to have lots of cards/vouchers any more.

Our room wasn’t ready yet, and we were advised to come back after 15:00 to get our room number and cards activated. There had been an option on the app to ask for your room number to be text/emailed to you, but we were advised that we had to go back to reception. We were also told that there was no need to check out. We enjoyed some time in the parks before going back to check in after 15:00.

The hotel information leaflet is now in the form of the Daily Bugle – a fun addition

P1030515.JPG

New photo location in the main lobby
IMG_6663.JPG

The hotel shop is nice, slightly different configuration. It sells lots of Marvel things, in fact I think it might only have had Marvel things in there. The shop windows were lovely.
IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_E6669.JPG

Our room - 4226

I had asked for a room in Midtown, as this is our preferred area and the central part of the hotel. We had a garden view room booked so by asking for a room in Midtown I hoped we’d get a good view over the lake.

P1030201.JPG

The décor is lovely, beds were very comfortable and the pillows lovely and fluffy. Really liked the overall feel of the decor.

P1030210.JPG

The artwork in the room is really good too.

P1030211.JPG

Technology upgrades are fantastic with lots of sockets and usb outlets in the room. No need for an extension cord anymore! These are the sockets beside the TV

P1030207.JPG

I also like that that there is an HDMI slot to plug in your ipad/phone etc if you want to. However you don’t actually need to do this. You can cast from your phone easily to the TV and then watch from your own Apps on your phone, Netflix for example. It was very easy to do. They also have inbuilt Disney Plus but you need to log in with your own account details. I think they’re missing a trick here. They could easily provide this free, which may encourage subscriptions.

The TV is part of the mirror - we all really liked this design but there was sometimes glare from certain angles.

IMG_7013.JPG

Sockets are also available beside the beds with USBs in the middle section.

The safe is a good size and fantastic design, there is a plug socket inside! Love this idea.

P1030203.JPG

P1030202.JPG

Wardrobe is smaller than before with an iron and ironing board included. There is an open section which is good for suitcases and a chest of soft close drawers.
P1030204.JPG

P1030205.JPG

Standard rooms, which for some reason are now called Superior rooms, now come with a kettle and Lavazza coffee machine as standard. There are also some coffee pods, tea selection and milk pods. The trusty ice bucket is also there – ice can be found in various locations on all floors – 4 glasses, paper cups and we had 2 bottles of water, which is HNY themed.

P1030217.JPG

P1030212.JPG

P1030213.JPG

There’s now a fridge instead of the mini bar, a great addition. It kept our water and drinks very cold.

P1030214.JPG
You can order room service 24 hours (I forgot to take a photo) and order breakfast to your room too.

The bathroom was really nicely designed and fresh. A glass shower door now instead of the curtain. Shampoo, conditioner and body wash included. A separate magnifying mirror that lit up and some Bluetooth technology so that you could link up your phone/speaker to listen to. The toilet was behind a separate sliding door. Lovely big fluffy towels were replaced daily.

P1030219.JPG
P1030218.JPG

P1030220.JPG

There is a shaver socket and plug socket. The hairdryer wasn’t stuck to the wall which was good! Nice to be able to use this in the bathroom or in the main room if required. The dryer however didn’t have a nozzle, not sure if ours was just missing or not, but it still worked fine.

The only negative we had with the room was the design of the flooring. It’s mostly laminate with a carpet insert. Where they meet, there is a thin metal ridge. It’s a wee bit sore if you step directly on it without shoes, kind of like stepping on a bit of Lego. I’d be careful letting young kids play in the floor. Definitely a design fault.

Our view was fantastic and as predicted looked out over the lake.

P1030209.JPG

We all slept really well here, temperature was nice and controllable.

Last edited:
Some more artwork in the hotel
IMG_7006.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

P1030221.JPG

P1030222.JPG

Pumpkin outside the hotel with Spider-man

P1030238.JPG

We visited the Super Hero station. You can book a slot on the app if you want to meet a character, otherwise you can just turn up and spend some time at the various photo points. It's very well done. Each photo point has instructions on how to pose and also indicates where to stand to take the perfect photo. Our boys (adults, lol) had fun in here;

P1030357.JPG

P1030359.JPG

P1030363.JPG

P1030368.JPG

P1030371.JPG

P1030375.JPG

P1030379.JPG
P1030385.JPG

P1030383.JPG

The Skyline Bar is in the main lobby and open in the evening offering drinks and light snacks.

IMG_E6665.JPG

We had drinks one evening and really enjoyed the surroundings. The service was good with a decent selection of drinks. Look out for some Avengers flying over the New York skyline…..

IMG_6695.JPG

IMG_7048.JPG

IMG_6698.JPG

IMG_E6696.JPG

IMG_E6699.JPG

IMG_E6703.JPG

We also had drinks in Bleecker St Lounge. It's open during the day and closes at 6pm, offering drinks and light snacks. When the bar service is closed, the area remains open for you to use to relax. I noticed families in there playing cards etc. It’s a nice spot to relax and also has an outdoor seating
area.
P1030481.JPG

P1030482.JPG

P1030483.JPG

IMG_E6771.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

We didn’t eat in the restaurants this visit. The Manhattan is Italian themed and Downtown is a buffet restaurant. These seem to be busy to I’d suggest making a reservation via the app before you go.

The Empire State Club lounge is located on the ground floor towards the conference centre and is really quite big. This used to be upstairs.

On the other side of the hotel at the Gramercy Park area there is a kid’s area with some films playing and a chance to do some drawing etc.

P1030484.JPG

P1030485.JPG

The gym and swimming pool are also along here as they were previously. We didn’t use the pool but we did go outside to explore the new area. This used to be a tennis court.

P1030486.JPG

Last edited:
P1030488.JPG

P1030489.JPG

Lewis asked at the pool reception for a basket ball

P1030503.JPG

Also lots of fitness machines around if you have any energy left, lol

P1030492.JPG

The outdoor pool is closed just now, but looks the same as it was before.
P1030500.JPG

The statues at the front of the hotel are incredible;

IMG_7128.JPG

IMG_6671.JPG

JTIP9326.JPG
IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7139.JPG

We had a fantastic stay here and really enjoyed the new design and upgrades. Having made so many memories over the years and watching our kids grow up here I think we are kind of blind to any problems but we all said we would come back again without doubt as everyone enjoyed it so much. I’d like a longer stay next time to make use of the swimming pool and try the restaurants. However, the price hike is really quite severe. It was definitely a splurge for us to stay here this time, prices equivalent if not more than Disneyland Hotel prices. Previously it was only a little bit more than the Newport Bay Club so easy to justify. Not so easy now…for us at least. Fingers crossed we get to come back and enjoy this again one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!