Hotel/Disney itin input pls!

heybets30

Mouseketeer
I see that I can’t even look at pricing for Disneyland hotels until about May 9 for Nov 9 checkin.

help! Does anyone know ballpark $$ what room-only would be for a night at the DL hotel or Miracosta around early November? We’ve got 4 ppl (2 adults, 11-yr old and a 13-yr old) we would want “cheapest” option vs a view. I have read trip reports that there are 1-day pkgs, or did I misinterpret, to get any FP perks or happy 15 - but only at a resort?

We want 1/2 day at DL; full day at DineySea. so maybe the 11th better for DL before Kyoto? f we do sheraton, let kids swim after walking around Disney area - get our bearings? We go to DLR Anaheim often, we want to get the flavor of the park not necessarily ride all the rides, so 1/2 day will work (more time in Tokyo/Kyoto cities).

Tentative - the 9th will be day 4-1/2 in Japan for us.
Mon Nov 9, lv Tokyo hotel after lunch. Train to Resort. Check in & spend about 4pm to close at disneyland?
Tue Nov 10, DisneySea all day
Wed Nov 11, wander around shopsand then late-afternoon bullet to Kyoto.

sheraton & Hilton tokyo bay are available. Sheraton has a nonrefundable club level for $378/night, $346 regular room with breakfast included. Hilton was a bit more $$ for regular room when i called, but haven’t checked online sale prices.

the sheraton breakfast sounds like full buffet?? Club level sounds festive for snacks & drinks with hot breakfast. we used Chase points for Kyoto hotel, Citibank for Tokyo, Discover for last night near Haneda ... these 2 nights are the only nights we are “paying”, but I don’t want to spend a small fortune to stay at a DL hotel. Also don’t want to wait til May, find out it’s $500+ and Sheraton or Hilton options have skyrocketed in price.

guess I’m leaning towards Sheraton & want reinforcement that it really is a fab alternative, Club level maybe?, to book it and focus on actual city planning. Maybe save the Disney resort stuff for when we do WDW with kids the first time.

appreciate input!! Thanks!!

Due to my Marriott status, I usually stay at the Sheraton. The colors of the club level room walls make them feel a bit dark compared to the standard and Ocean Dream rooms but the breakfast makes things a lot more convenient. The breakfast buffet for club level starts at 6:30 and there are plenty of Japanese and Western options. One of the best lounge breakfasts I've ever had. They have food in the lounge from 5PM till 7PM which is also enough to be a dinner if you aren't picky. In the evening till 11PM, they have these oat cookies and some drinks so that's nice if you're desperate for a small snack after leaving the park. If the price difference is only $32, I would just go for the club floor because breakfast for your family will already be worth it. You might want to check if there's additional charges for the kids because I've never stayed there with more than 2 people.

I think the Disneyland Hotel and Miracosta will be a minimum of 40,000 JPY but most likely closer to 60,000 JPY per night. I personally only stay at Celebration if I need Happy 15 so I can't comment on the quality of the deluxe hotels.

Hilton has a flash sale every 3 months or so and it can be a real bargain. I got a club level-equivalent (Celebrio Select) room for $150/night, all taxes and fees included, in April. Someone generally makes a thread here when it starts.

Disney hotel packages are not cheap (understatement). They come with fastpasses and/or show tickets. Reserve those 6 months out. Room only stays are not as expensive as a package, but more expensive than the other official hotels. Those open up 5 months before your check in. All staying at Disney hotels Happy 15 Benefits are changing in June, 2020. Official Tokyo Disney mention of this and a quick summary . Be aware though, that Happy 15 means your special gate can open as late as 15 minutes before, and by the time your compatriots of hotel guests in front of you manage or don't manage swiping their tickets, you may be entering about 3-4 minutes before everyone else. That happened one day for us at DisneySea when we had arrived 40 minutes before. It was a cold morning, maybe those who had been there before us had frozen up a bit too much to have dexterity with their admission media? Anyway, it didn't ruin our morning or anything, but if it had been my only Happy 15, I wouldn't have been thrilled about it. Something to keep in mind if you decide on a Disney hotel.

EDIT: On the summary link choose the first option in the search results...skipping past any ads. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter