Hotel close to MCO Airport

disneygal66

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know of a good cheap hotel close to MCO Airport? We will only be staying one night when we arrive around 8:00pm and then going to Pop Century the next day. We probably will need shuttle service to and from the airport as we can get the Magical Express on Sunday to Pop Century. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I am all EARS!

Thanks!!!

There are some excellent hotels around the airport. If cost is a concern, I suggest you check hotwire or priceline. I stayed in a great Sheraton Suites at the airport for less than $50 a night, thanks to Hotwire.

I have always used Priceline and gotten the Hyatt right inside the airport. I think I paid about $45.00.

We stayed at this hotel April 4-5th and we thought it was great! It's around $70 night plus taxes/fees.We booked thru Hotel Kingdom.com.It took us around ten minutes to get here from the airport.They do have a shuttle from and to the airport but I cannot comment since we did not use this service.
The rooms are spacious,they have free continental breakfast and their right next door to a 24 hour Waffle House.The staff were friendly and service was good.
We will definitely be staying here on our next trip to Orlando.
Debbie

We used Priceline too but stayed at the airport Marriott for about $50. Arrived around midnight and still able to use the free shuttle to the hotel. rode back to the airport in the morning and caught the shuttle to WDW.

We used Priceline as well and got the Marriott for around $55 in March. I checked out Bidding for Travel to see what the recent winnings bids were first. We used the shuttle to and from the airport with no problems.

I think they have a Courtesy phone down where all the airport hotel(s) phones are located.I'm not sure and maybe someone can jump in and comment but I think the phones are located on the lower level where you go to the rental car desks.If you reserve with them or call the Best Western I'm sure they'll be able to tell you where and how to catch their shuttle.
Debbie

I live a ways from Orlando but use MCO a bit for business/vacation travel as it offers great prices and many nonstops--you can actually get somewhere without a stop in Atlanta, unlike the rest of the south. :)

Because of very early morning departures or sometimes arriving late after 22 hours of flying back from overseas it is so easy to stay in one of the many nice nearby motels and drive to/from home at a decent hour, rested. Using these motels and their free shuttles I can avoid one day on the rental car which pays for the motel.

The MCO web site has all kinds of info and maps including a list of all local motels with free shuttles.

you will have to Google orlandoairports and net and goaa to get their home page, as dis will not take a url. Under Travel Tips go to Local Hotels.

I prefer the ones straight north of the terminal on 436/off Semoran Blvd, as they are almost all brand new. Plus they are between the runways and you do not hear the planes. Plus they are the quickest to get to the airport as the Beeline Expressway is busy.

The ones on McCoy Road west of the airport are just about at the end of the western runway so you might get a little noise depending if they are taking off north or south.

I use Expedia for these because they have a selector button for price and once you bring up Orlando you can select an area and the MCO/airport list is almost nothing but these with the free shuttles, although they include some as far west on Sand Lake as the Florida Mall, which is several miles but not bad traffic wise except at rush hours.

In off peak times Expedia lists these in the $45-55 range, in busier times in the $60-80 range and most include a nice breakfast. $50 for a room, two way shuttle ride and breakfast for the price of a cab ride downtown? Good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter