Hot Topic Store - shirt sizing

Duckiedee

Every Day is Better at Disney
Hi there.

I'm wondering if someone could help me from a sizing point of view for anyone who has shopped from Hot Topic.

I'm new to the store and as I'm Canadian, I'd like to order and ship directly to our resort to avoid crazy shipping/duty, and claim it after we cross the border on the way home. So no "Try before you buy!"

We don't have a Hot Topic here - so I have no idea if they run small or large.

I am "Woman" shaped, not "Teen" shaped. Two kids and am about a 10/12 12/14 Large. Sometimes an XL if it runs small, all depending on fit. Disney Store T-shirts I take a L.

I am looking at buying some tank tops for the August heat. Could someone suggest the best size?

Thanks!

They are all Disney - but not sure if that means they are actually made BY Disney?

I shop Disney there all the time. I'm a pretty, uh, busty lady and can wear most XL/XXL clothes. I have ordered online before, and find their size and fit guide to pretty accurate. If you scroll down to the bottom of the front page its under Customer Service. If you are between sizes, I'd say size up. Especially if you are converting between inches and centimeters.

I wear a size 12 to 14 in dresses and such and I will usually get a Large. If I'm going to be layering them with other tanks, I get an XL.

OMG I felt like a GIANT when I shopped there.

I usually wear a women's small tank/short sleeve. Long sleeve I upgrade to a medium because I have long arms.

I bought a really cute dress online from Hot Topic (it's a black dress with a Jack Skellington pattern for MNSSHP) and had it shipped to store. Thank God somehow it fit. But when I was there, I saw they had a lot of cute Disney stuff. I tried on an Up-themed tank in a small and ended up looking like I had been stuffed into a multi colored sausage casing. Also tried a pretty watercolor Ariel tee in a medium and that was SO tight. Like spandex tight.

Moral of the story - whatever size you think you are, go up at least 2.

I have always found that they run on the small size personally.

I'm not sure where in Canada you're located? I frequently travel to Toronto for business since my company has an office is in Vaughan. There is a Hot Topic store at the Vaughan Mills outlet in case you're anywhere close by.

I agree with other posters, the sizes are junior sizes. My DD14 is 5'2 and 108 lbs and wears an XS in dresses and S in tees/tanks.

Their misses stuff runs small. My daughter wears about 12 - medium usually and had to get XL for her dress to fit. She has not gotten a tank though. She is 5'4" and about 150lb

My DD used to work at Hot Topic and she was a size 16. Usually she had to get XXL . They mostly are slim junior sizes, and are not forgiving for anyone with a bust. Since you have to mail order anyway, try Torrid.com. They are owned by the same company and are a plus size (12 and up) store. They do carry some of the Disney and pop culture line. That's where DD now gets her tshirts.

They run narrow and thin. I just bought mediums for my 6'2" 100 pound niece, small was SMALL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter