Horizons by Marriott: Travel time to Disney??

suz72

DIS Veteran
Can anyone who has been to Horizons by Marriott give me a good idea of how long it will take to get to the parks?? It is apparently right across from Sea World.

The map I have looks like you can get on I-4 (it backs up to it).

Does anyone have personal experience and can give me travel times to:

MK
MGM
Epcot
AK

Thanks in advance for your advice!

It is very easy to get to WDW. Going you are two turns to I4. Coming back there is a an eastbound exit (72?) that does not exist westbound that puts you back 2 turns away. You can get to the exit for DTD (68) in 5 minutes and Epcot (67) about the same. We usually get off at the Epcot exit and drive on property to where we want to go. Really close to Epcot and MGM. I have been back in my room after Illuminations before 10pm and that includes walking out of the park, parking lot, and driving to the resort.

Magic Kingdom is the longest because you have to go to the T&T center and then take the boat or train. I guess this is about a 45 minute - 1 hour process. Sometimes we just park at Epcot and take the Monorail over.

If I4 is busy you can turn right out of the resort and end up down by the premier outlets then onto Disney property. It takes a little longer because of the lights, but not bad.

Thank you David for the info...now I can plan our arrival time at the parks! :thumbsup2

I like ID - turn right out of horizons - then at the light right.

now some people do turn at the next light (outlet malls) - but at the end of this road is another light and it can and does get very,very busy....

I just stay on ID - when it dead ends - just turn right - this becomes World Drive. all the parks are off of this road. (along with I4)
---------------------------------------------------
to get to I4 - turn left out of horizons then at the light another left - I4 is through this insection. (this only goes out to get back you must take the SW exit and stay on the road until you see Renaissance (besides you) and across HGVC - then turn right - and an immeidate left.

I4 is definitely shorter like 10 minutes to Epcot, but as you have say it can be very, very slow. I once going to SW stayed on that thing for an hour. I love backroads....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter