Hoping for some stroller advice....

kkayluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
So you all seem to be the "pros" in all things Disney and kids so here goes- We will be taking our first trip as a family of 4 in March. This will also be the first trip without a Grandmother tagging along. Currently we do not have a double stroller. Ever since she could walk, my dd has had absolutely no interest in riding in a stroller. We did, however, use our McLaren for her previous Disney trips. For our upcoming trip it will be my husband and I as well as my dd (3.5) and our ds who will be almost 4 months old at the time. So, my long-winded question is what would you recommend for transportation of these little ones?? Is it worth investing in a double stroller-that seems like an expensive option and would still be difficult to maneuver-especially since my dd is pretty insistent that she will be fine walking in Disney (I know that she'll get tired). I think the double strollers at Disney would be unrealistic because my ds is too little. Oh, we are staying at POFQ so we'll be busing everywhere-this def. makes a difference as we'll have to lug everything on and off the bus...Help! :confused3
Thanks!
-Kelly :wizard:

How about a sit & stand?
Will you be bringing an infant bucket seat? I think Orlando Stroller Rentals rents sit & stands, and I think they're compatible...

I also wanted to say congrats on the new baby! I read your last trippie with your sister & mom when you guys stayed at the Poly! :)

Here's a picture of the one we rented from Orlando Stroller. Your little one would be fine in it. My 6 yo never gets in strollers, but he would hop in and out when tired. And we would have certain times it was necessary for both to get in (trying to get somewhere by a certain time)

(I believe it was half the price of Disney's)
Image0104.jpg

My DD was 4 months on our last trip & we rented a single...
For reference, here she is... She's probably just a tad on the small side for the stroller, but she did well in it sleep wise. Totally going to rent from them again in December when she's 27 mos. :)
IMG_2882.jpg

How about a sit & stand?
Will you be bringing an infant bucket seat? I think Orlando Stroller Rentals rents sit & stands, and I think they're compatible...

I also wanted to say congrats on the new baby! I read your last trippie with your sister & mom when you guys stayed at the Poly! :)

Hi!!!!!!!! We are not planning on bringing his carseat if that is what you mean by bucket seat. I did come across the idea of the sit and stand, but my only concern is that the infant seat in front doesn't recline at all.

Here's a picture of the one we rented from Orlando Stroller. Your little one would be fine in it. My 6 yo never gets in strollers, but he would hop in and out when tired. And we would have certain times it was necessary for both to get in (trying to get somewhere by a certain time)

(I believe it was half the price of Disney's)
Image0104.jpg

That looks nice and comfy. How was it to fold up? Did you have any busrides with it? Were you happy with the service from Orlando Stroller-ie-was it at the resort when you arrived, etc.? Thanks for the info!

My DD was 4 months on our last trip & we rented a single...
For reference, here she is... She's probably just a tad on the small side for the stroller, but she did well in it sleep wise. Totally going to rent from them again in December when she's 27 mos. :)
IMG_2882.jpg

So cute! Our little guy is probably on the bigger side even though he arrived 3 weeks early. He has caught up and surpassed where his sister was at this age. I just got out all the 6 month sized clothing yesterday! :sad1:babies grow too fast!! I bet your December trip will be a whole different adventure with a 2 year old! ;)

That looks nice and comfy. How was it to fold up? Did you have any busrides with it? Were you happy with the service from Orlando Stroller-ie-was it at the resort when you arrived, etc.? Thanks for the info!
Easy to fold up - two straps under their bottoms you just grab and pull up. All we did was ride busses with it - it slids under the seats that are facing in. It also rolls on to the bigger boats. Service was awesome - ordered/paid online, and the concierege had it when we checked in. Then I just left it with the concierege when we left.

How about a sit & stand?

Hey:wave2:
Just wanted to say I read you trip report too and we have since stayed at the Poly and LOVED it. Anyway, congrats on the new baby:thumbsup2

I just ordered a Baby Jogger City Mini for our dd (single) and cant wait for it to get here. You should go to strollerdepot.com and click on the video demonstration link. I know they have a video of the single, didnt look for the double since I dont need that, but it shows all the features and how EASY it folds up! That is the stroller that is pictured in the previous posts that the rental company rents.
Good luck to you and have a GREAT trip! Are you staying at the Poly again? We are going in May and staying at BLT, 1 BR villa. DH wanted to stay at the Poly again (and I did too) but we got a 1 BR villa for only $80 more than the Poly and it has a full kitchen and washer and dryer. Couldnt pass that up:thumbsup2

Hi!!!!!!!! We are not planning on bringing his carseat if that is what you mean by bucket seat. I did come across the idea of the sit and stand, but my only concern is that the infant seat in front doesn't recline at all.

;)

It is true, that the seat doesn't recline very far (it does a little, but very little) however when my dd was 17 months, she did fine it with no problems. She slept in it just fine, so I'm sure a 4 month old could. Even at 2 1/2 she did okay in it. My concern with a sit n stand for you guys is actually your 3 1/2 year old. My ds at 6 did find a way to fall asleep on his side of the stroller, but that was only once and it looked pretty uncomfortable. I know when we took our ds at 4, he was in the stroller a lot more and slept in it a lot, so I'm not sure the sit n stand would work, just for the fact that it's not really a supported seat for the 3 1/2 year old. On the up side, we always used buses, and while it's a little heavier than a regular single stroller, it folds almost the same and doesn't take much more space.

We have rented the double from Orlando Stroller Rentals twice and love the stroller and their service. Stroller has always been there before we arrived.

So cute! Our little guy is probably on the bigger side even though he arrived 3 weeks early. He has caught up and surpassed where his sister was at this age. I just got out all the 6 month sized clothing yesterday! :sad1:babies grow too fast!! I bet your December trip will be a whole different adventure with a 2 year old! ;)

If he's big already, then I would totally just rent the double from Orlando Stroller Rentals. I had a great experience with them, and really liked the stroller. It was such a pinch to fold up! The stroller was at the resort when we arrived, and we were able to keep it past the usual 11 AM check out/return time since we had a late flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter