Hopefully not a virus

dalstitch45

DIS Veteran
Today I was reading through one of the stickys on the Disboards. There used to be a link on the old format for contacting administrators, but I did not see one on this new format.

This was on the Disneyland, sub-forum "California and the West," sub-forum "Things to do when visiting California and the West." Things to do was a sticky. While reading through the sticky, I got to the section "Closer to Highway 101", and clicked on the link for Great America. At this point, a black screen came up with all kinds of messages on how to fix the problem if I clicked on one of the boxes. There was a lady's voice telling my computer was at risk. I didn't click on anything, but immediately tried to exit that screen, and had to close the Disboards to exit.

I have been a long member of the boards, and never had a problem with any links. I had already clicked on other links in the sticky, but this one is the only one that came up like that. Hopefully, I don't have a virus on my computer. I ran my anti-virus scans, nothing came up on my firewall, nothing. I try to be careful clicking on any links, but never had this happen. Again, hopefully I don't have a virus.

Today I was reading through one of the stickys on the Disboards. There used to be a link on the old format for contacting administrators, but I did not see one on this new format.

This was on the Disneyland, sub-forum "California and the West," sub-forum "Things to do when visiting California and the West." Things to do was a sticky. While reading through the sticky, I got to the section "Closer to Highway 101", and clicked on the link for Great America. At this point, a black screen came up with all kinds of messages on how to fix the problem if I clicked on one of the boxes. There was a lady's voice telling my computer was at risk. I didn't click on anything, but immediately tried to exit that screen, and had to close the Disboards to exit.

I have been a long member of the boards, and never had a problem with any links. I had already clicked on other links in the sticky, but this one is the only one that came up like that. Hopefully, I don't have a virus on my computer. I ran my anti-virus scans, nothing came up on my firewall, nothing. I try to be careful clicking on any links, but never had this happen. Again, hopefully I don't have a virus.

You could always report the post that contained that strange link. This should get the moderators' attention.

Hope nothing bad happened to your computer!

So far nothing, but this is the only place I have logged into. It's weird because that sticky has been there for a very long time. The rest of the links in the post were fine. I am going to try reporting the link. Thanks.

Update: just reported the post. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter