Hope to be a new DVC member in 60 days! Card Carrying Member!

princesscinderella

DIS Veteran
DVC Premium
We signed our contract today for 230 pts at boardwalk villas today! I'm so excited now the waiting begins. Our terms were $55 pt, buyer pays 2012 maint fees, seller pays closing costs. My in laws have been members since 95 I think they are happy because now we will stop asking them to use their points. I spoke with Disney about purchasing bwv direct and they wanted $115 a point. :scared:.

We signed our contract today for 230 pts at boardwalk villas today! I'm so excited now the waiting begins. Our terms were $55 pt, buyer pays 2012 maint fees, seller pays closing costs. My in laws have been members since 95 I think they are happy because now we will stop asking them to use their points. I spoke with Disney about purchasing bwv direct and they wanted $115 a point. :scared:.

Congratulations!!!!

I love the bcv and bwv but after reading all the posts here about the location of the DVC bcv I decided on bwv. We have 3 young kids so we love that we can walk to epcot and hs parks without having to fold up the strollers. All the restaurants within walking distance are awesome, love blue zoo at the dolphin.

Congratulations, We have yet to stay at BWV but others say its great. We have stayed at BCV and you are right, the walk to Epcot is great. We try to go in Oct for the food and wine festival every year.

Congratulations, We have yet to stay at BWV but others say its great. We have stayed at BCV and you are right, the walk to Epcot is great. We try to go in Oct for the food and wine festival every year.

It's nice that the walk is so close after too much tequila in Mexico :cool1:
I have not actually stayed a bwv either. We have stayed at the swan and dolphin numerous times on star wood points and always walk around and grab a bite at the boardwalk. My in laws own at old key west so we go with them we usually stay there, they are very spacious. We love AKL too and have stayed at kidani a couple times. We love that the 1 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms but it's just so far from the action.

$115/point? I'd be embarrassed to sell someone a contract at that price knowing it could be had for half that. Wow.

Welcome Home!

Congrats and welcome home! We're new BWV owners too! Can't wait for our first trip "home" in January. :woohoo:

Good luck on ROFR and hope to be welcoming you as the newest BWV neighbor soon! :thumbsup2

Good luck with the ROFR process and hopefully you will be owners soon! :yay:

Just trying to keep my buying timeline going. Got word today that the contract is now fully executed and it was sent today to ROFR. Let the 30 day anticipation begin....

Congratulations and good luck with ROFR. That's a great price/pt! We just stayed in a BWV-1BR BW view and it was awesome. Our home is AKV, but we enjoy trying out the other resorts as well.

Let us know how things work out!

I intend on keeping this thread active through the whole process for the benefit of future purchasers. We also booked today using my in-laws point 3nights at the grand Californian hotel for a total of 168 points -we wanted downtown disney view- that we will then use our points once we close to book for them the regular DVC properties. I did not want to take the chance of the wait list for the vgc not coming through for us. It nice that through them we have access to the Disney collection etc and can transfer points to them. We are going to bank what's left for hopefully a trip to aulani next year.

Here's my final numbers from start to finish...

BWV - 100pts - Oct UY - $60/pt – all 2012 pts and beyond:

Feb 5 - Made offer
Feb 6 - Sent to ROFR
Feb 29 - Passed ROFR
March 10 - Received closing docs
March 12 - Returned closing docs w/ payment via UPS next day air
March 13 - UPS lost our package en-route
March 20 - Closing docs finally arrive at destination.
March 26 – CLOSED
April 3 – BWV contract added to my DVC web account (already established from our OKW contract). Contract added around 10am. Points loaded at 1pm.

57 days start to finish.

Here's my final numbers from start to finish...

BWV - 100pts - Oct UY - $60/pt – all 2012 pts and beyond:

Feb 5 - Made offer
Feb 6 - Sent to ROFR
Feb 29 - Passed ROFR
March 10 - Received closing docs
March 12 - Returned closing docs w/ payment via UPS next day air
March 13 - UPS lost our package en-route
March 20 - Closing docs finally arrive at destination.
March 26 – CLOSED
April 3 – BWV contract added to my DVC web account (already established from our OKW contract). Contract added around 10am. Points loaded at 1pm
57 days start to finish.

That give me hope to close soon as you had quite a delay with the closing docs getting lost. Thanks.

Hi all! I'm joining in to follow along as we just had an offer on BWV verbally accepted around noon today :cool1: and now I am anxiously awaiting docs to sign and return so that this can get submitted to Disney for ROFR and hopefully move along to a speedy closing! It will be great to follow along with the OP's experience and see how it compares to ours. Good luck to all for of us in the waiting phase! :cutie:

Congratulations and good luck with ROFR. It looks like a good deal.

Stayed at BWVs last November and I loved it. The atmoshpere, entertainment on the BW and close distance to EPCOT and HS are all pluses. But you already know that.

I recently bought a VWL contract (resale) and it took me about 70 days from offer to close, but my closing was delayed 10 days becuase the orginal owners had a vacation scheduled.

Congratulations and good luck with ROFR. It looks like a good deal.

Stayed at BWVs last November and I loved it. The atmoshpere, entertainment on the BW and close distance to EPCOT and HS are all pluses. But you already know that.

I recently bought a VWL contract (resale) and it took me about 70 days from offer to close, but my closing was delayed 10 days becuase the orginal owners had a vacation scheduled.

i guess i will join in to the bwv first timers theme.....and keep you posted since i am a bit ahead of you

3/6 first call ever to fidelity,or anyone for that matter contract i was calling about was gone but they had one that hadn't hit the web yet, 200 feb uy, asking 60. Offered 50 accepted within 45 mins.
3/8 my contracts go back signed
3/12 sellers contracts signed, they didnt have email, had to use mail
3/14 sent to ROFR
4/10 28 days and still no word. Hopefully hear by the EOW

i guess i will join in to the bwv first timers theme.....and keep you posted since i am a bit ahead of you

3/6 first call ever to fidelity,or anyone for that matter contract i was calling about was gone but they had one that hadn't hit the web yet, 200 feb uy, asking 60. Offered 50 accepted within 45 mins.
3/8 my contracts go back signed
3/12 sellers contracts signed, they didnt have email, had to use mail
3/14 sent to ROFR
4/10 28 days and still no word. Hopefully hear by the EOW

Thanks for joining in on the wait, hopefully yours will end well for you very soon :banana:. I am also using fidelity, funny my sellers did not have e-mail either I wonder if they are the same as I know she said mine was their final contract the were selling, implying they were selling off all their contracts. Mine is also a feb UY and seller was asking $60. :rolleyes1

I'm surprised that just in the two weeks since I began our process how fewer BWV contracts are listed right now. That makes me really hope we pass ROFR the first time around as to go back to the offer stage with not much inventory to choose from stinks!

:wizard: I wish all us future BWV owners pixie dust as we make our way through this process.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter